• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Open ML season as of Sat. the 24th.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's going to be tough, temps hovering at right around zero with winds chills of -20. It'll be challenging for this 70+ body! I'll have to drive 1 1/2 miles to my property, get out of the warm truck "Burr" and unlock the gate. Park my truck, move my gear to the side-by-side drive about 200 yards to my elevated 8X8 stand, clime 16 feet of icy stairs, go in unload my gear turn on the gas heater, turn on the stove to cook breakfast, and sit looking out the windows for hours....... 🤣

We seldom get snow on the ground during deer season here in Tennessee. I make sure to go when it happens, but I’ve yet to see much activity. Sure is pretty though.

Yeah, sounds rough. 🙄 Seriously though, I’m glad you have comfortable place and I hope you kill a big one!
Thank you for that. It is nice to have a place that at my age is not as difficult as I put myself through years ago. Last year I got a small button buck opening day of the ML season. Whatever comes by is what I'll get if any. I donate all the deer taken on my property. It's only the Mrs and me, how much deer can two people eat?

We seldom get snow on the ground during deer season here in Tennessee. I make sure to go when it happens, but I’ve yet to see much activity. Sure is pretty though.
We don't get a lot of snow here in Missouri during deer season, Ml season is the latest of the seasons. The few times I've gotten the opportunity to hunt in the snow here was sort of otherworldly, the quietness and ability to see every movement.
I'm sure some of the guys up north would be saying you can have some of ours.

good luck Andy I may try to get out in the afternoon, too many animals to feed and take care of in the morning with the windchills so low. might try spot and stalk on Sunday before going to Son's house for Christmas dinner.
I'll only be able to stay until about 10 or 11 on Sat. My son is coming from out of town at about 12 so I'll have to be back at the house by then. If I can talk the boy into an early morning hunt on the 25th I'm sure mama would be alright with that.

Back