• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Online sales craziness

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kh54

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I was watching a couple of items on Gunbroker, not to purchase for myself but curious to see what others would pay. Check these out:

They have a following. They’re consistently one of the highest priced replicas I think. Which is a little surprising because I’ll bet most of them are fire very infrequently. If at all. They’re not exactly the friendliest little range toy.

Yeah shoulder stocks, I want but I’ll find one somewhere for less. Probably. Maybe. I guess it depends on how long I want to wait.

They have a following. They’re consistently one of the highest priced replicas I think. Which is a little surprising because I’ll bet most of them are fire very infrequently. If at all. They’re not exactly the friendliest little range toy.

Yeah shoulder stocks, I want but I’ll find one somewhere for less. Probably. Maybe. I guess it depends on how long I want to wait.
BC I have a stock for my 1860 Army and that cap flash right in you face is...shall we say EXCITING.
i tried the stock out one time and that was all the fun I could stand.
But different strokes for different folks I recon.
No it is not for sale
Bunk

There are Uberti Dragoons in stock for $420 or so but apparently the Walkers are harder to find, so someone paid a $150+ premium. Not too crazy if someone wants one.

Not a single person on Earth "needs" a percussion revolver, these are all impulse buys or just the fact that people want what they can't easily get.

No, crazy, is people paying $1000 for Palmetto Whitney revolvers

Though it's for sure more than I'd pay, that's not so far outta line for a Walker.

As for the shoulder stock, I have no idea why anyone would want one at any price. There's plenty going on with a revolver at arms length. I sure as hell don't want to bring it right up in front of my face.

Check out the asking price for this one: "Antiqued Copy of A Colt Civilian Walker (AC500)" for sale. Apparently seller can’t even give the identity of the manufacturer. I wish them luck. It would make my DIY defarbed and antiqued Uberti Walker worth about ten times what I paid for it. The photo below is mine, not the one listed. Including the case and accessories, I’m now thinking of listing it on Gunsinternational for $4,999.99. Any offers? 😆

Attachments

• 33597BC6-8EED-4239-B86D-94D2ABA36021.jpeg
    33597BC6-8EED-4239-B86D-94D2ABA36021.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Though it's for sure more than I'd pay, that's not so far outta line for a Walker.

As for the shoulder stock, I have no idea why anyone would want one at any price. There's plenty going on with a revolver at arms length. I sure as hell don't want to bring it right up in front of my face.
True. But their origin was military where shooter safety was often not a consideration.

BC I have a stock for my 1860 Army and that cap flash right in you face is...shall we say EXCITING.
i tried the stock out one time and that was all the fun I could stand.
But different strokes for different folks I recon.
No it is not for sale
Bunk
Good to know that, relative to stocks. I won't bother either! Don't have a stock, don't plan on getting one!

I have two detachable shoulder stocks; one made of wood, the other made of metal. They are fun to use and add another dimension to my shooting enjoyment.

I always wear safety glasses, so there is no danger from shooting revolvers with shoulder stocks. Much hand wringing and pearl clutching over nothing.

there are a few people who are prohibited by state law from possessing any firearms including black powder/muzzle loaders. because of convictions or probation. They will readily pat a premium to get cap and ball revolvers through the mail.. Pennsylvania bars people on probation, with certain convictions and a few others from having ANY firearms even antique. A fellow in my community has several such convictions and is still being arrested frequently for poaching violations. with muzzle loaders. He recently switched to high power air rifles and cross bows to avoid additional firearms charges. A couple years ago, a raid found a gun safe full of firearms embedded in the concrete floor of his garage hidden under a work bench.

Before the internet, we had to do a lot of travelling and/or snail mail to find things. There were a few dealers who put out lists and catalogs, but, in general mostly we did without. When we said something was "rare", that was true. Now, "rare" means "rarely listed".

Good thing is ...we can find good stuff. Bad thing is ....so can everyone. Unlike an in-person auction with perhaps a hundred people, we're now bidding against a world-wide audience. Rock Island Auction's last sale topped 7 Million dollars (combination of in-person and online). With $5.00 gasoline, won't be a whole lot of guys travelling to find gunstroke stuff. Yup, it's crazy.

there are a few people who are prohibited by state law from possessing any firearms including black powder/muzzle loaders. because of convictions or probation. They will readily pat a premium to get cap and ball revolvers through the mail.. Pennsylvania bars people on probation, with certain convictions and a few others from having ANY firearms even antique. A fellow in my community has several such convictions and is still being arrested frequently for poaching violations. with muzzle loaders. He recently switched to high power air rifles and cross bows to avoid additional firearms charges. A couple years ago, a raid found a gun safe full of firearms embedded in the concrete floor of his garage hidden under a work bench.
Judging by the number of arrests for such shenan involving BP and antique firearms I’m gonna say such people are few and far between. If a fella is set on breaking the law, I doubt the gun control act of 68 is going to slow him down for more than a heartbeat or two.

Judging by the number of arrests for such shenan involving BP and antique firearms I’m gonna say such people are few and far between. If a fella is set on breaking the law, I doubt the gun control act of 68 is going to slow him down for more than a heartbeat or two.

Depends on intentions. A serial bank robber doesn't give a manure about other laws. The rural hick that wants to pop a few ground hogs from his garden doesn't want the risk of federal charges. The brother of the guy I mentioned, recently moved to a state where convicted felons may possess muzzle loaders. He couldn't legally have them, even for hunting in PA.

Depends on intentions. A serial bank robber doesn't give a manure about other laws. The rural hick that wants to pop a few ground hogs from his garden doesn't want the risk of federal charges. The brother of the guy I mentioned, recently moved to a state where convicted felons may possess muzzle loaders. He couldn't legally have them, even for hunting in PA.
Good for him.

there are felons and then there are FELONS.
I had to arrest on a felony hit, one of my best friends and one of nicest people i have ever known. he just couldn't drink and not drive. and he couldn't drive when he drank.
no reason in the world he should lose his gun rights other than that was law. broke my heart.

Back