• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Online Business Scams

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know Scams have been talked about now for a while but maybe if this keeps a member from losing his hard earned money, then that is a good thing. This is a story about a friend of mine that is very well to do. He is into not only muzzleloading but also black powder rifle cartridge. In his haste to order 1000 primers recently he lost $300 to a website that is nothing but a scam. He is so embarrassed. The site required payment through Zelle Pay. He didn't have that app so he signed up and transferred the money. Immediately there was no contact with the company he was buying the primers through. No email confirmation, no tracking number and no response to emails nor phone calls. To this date he has not gotten his money back and Zelle doesn't guarantee reimbursement like Pay Pal or a credit card company. Mind you this friend is a very smart man, borderline genius that works in high finance. If he can get scammed, anyone can. Anyway, if the deal is too good to be true, then it probably is.

I have been looking for #11 percussion caps like a lot of the members here. I have done a search for percussion caps for sale and it is amazing how many online sites are out there that have them in stock at unbelievable prices. I never heard about these sites, so be ware. I found one that had only been in business since December 2021 and has amazing write up about how long they have been in business. I checked with a website that checks website scams and there it was. The telltale sign first is that they have the item in stock at a very low or reasonable price. The other sign is that they require payment through Bitcoin, Zellepay, Gift cards, cashiers checks or money orders. You basically have no protection using these forms of payment.

One site I looked at that caught my eye is Weapons Midway. Their logo looks like Midway USA.

My friend is out $300. Financially it doesn't hurt him but his ego sure has taken a hit.

Be careful out there my friends.

I too have been looking for caps and am astounded by the effort these criminals will go to to make their web sites look real.

I know Scams have been talked about now for a while but maybe if this keeps a member from losing his hard earned money, then that is a good thing. This is a story about a friend of mine that is very well to do. He is into not only muzzleloading but also black powder rifle cartridge. In his haste to order 1000 primers recently he lost $300 to a website that is nothing but a scam. He is so embarrassed. The site required payment through Zelle Pay. He didn't have that app so he signed up and transferred the money. Immediately there was no contact with the company he was buying the primers through. No email confirmation, no tracking number and no response to emails nor phone calls. To this date he has not gotten his money back and Zelle doesn't guarantee reimbursement like Pay Pal or a credit card company. Mind you this friend is a very smart man, borderline genius that works in high finance. If he can get scammed, anyone can. Anyway, if the deal is too good to be true, then it probably is.

I have been looking for #11 percussion caps like a lot of the members here. I have done a search for percussion caps for sale and it is amazing how many online sites are out there that have them in stock at unbelievable prices. I never heard about these sites, so be ware. I found one that had only been in business since December 2021 and has amazing write up about how long they have been in business. I checked with a website that checks website scams and there it was. The telltale sign first is that they have the item in stock at a very low or reasonable price. The other sign is that they require payment through Bitcoin, Zellepay, Gift cards, cashiers checks or money orders. You basically have no protection using these forms of payment.

One site I looked at that caught my eye is Weapons Midway. Their logo looks like Midway USA.

My friend is out $300. Financially it doesn't hurt him but his ego sure has taken a hit.

Can you post the link???

I too have been looking for caps and am astounded by the effort these criminals will go to to make their web sites look real.
Yes and alas, they tend to be in other countries so when they infringe on company names and appearances (to confuse us, the buyers/victims) there is no real recourse by the real companies, other than @Crew Chief 's efforts to spread-the-word. They cannot sue outside of the USA, and a court order for an internet provider to take down such a site is ignored as they are "overseas" and such an order isn't recognized.

LD

Is this what you wanted? Home I can vouch for how legit they are. This is not Midway USA.
If you just read their descriptions of items or how they describe their business, alarms should be going off in your head. Unless maybe you are looking for ‘mass ammo’.

Purchase CCI Caps #10 From Midwayweapons

CCI Percussion Caps #10 are ceaselessly tried and gotten to the next level. Subsequently the present CCI preliminaries are more delicate, simpler to situate and more viable with moderate and mechanized stacking hardware than at any other time. They use present day non-destructive and non-mercuric initiator blends for the cleanest consume conceivable.
#10 caps are for some imported revolvers having smaller nipples……

Midway Weapons ammo

In the event that you are searching for mass ammo, you went to the right site! We highly esteem offering unquestionably the best arrangements to the most genuine shooters for mass handgun ammunition, mass rifle ammunition, mass shotgun ammunition, and mass rimfire ammunition.

Look at our huge determination of in-stock ammo. We convey every one of the most famous types and a gigantic determination of more specialty types as well. Anything you desire, we have it estimated modest and prepared to transport quick

In addition to all of the previous comments, I have posted this before to think about before you plunk down hard-earned money:

If your local gun shop, bigger gun shop, national outdoor stores like Cabela's, or well-known local big places like Kittery Trading Post in Maine, Green Top Sporting Goods in Virginia, or Reed's Trading Post in the Mid-West doesn't have it, wouldn't you find it strange that an on-line website would have every model in every caliber ready to ship?

A little investigative work can save you a ton of heartache.

Three different sites I stumbled across all wanted a minimum purchase of $150 or $270 to process order and payment was to be from Zelle only. I did not order as all are scammers.
Zelle is great to send money to family &/or friends or if at say an Estate sale where you are physically present and can take item with you... but not to do business with internet unknowns...

Education in finance or economics cannot insure a person against fraudsters. In the last few years, scammers have been using phishing sites that are difficult to distinguish from the real ones if you do not look closely at the domain and the page's design.

Education in finance or economics cannot insure a person against fraudsters. In the last few years, scammers have been using phishing sites that are difficult to distinguish from the real ones if you do not look closely at the domain and the page's design.
I've been lucky not to get caught by scammers yet because I always use traditional payment methods and try to be careful when making a deal. My financial adviser, who has more than two decades of experience, told me about different types of fraud. I think it is impossible to create a system without flaws. Cunning people will always find a way to steal.

Cunning people will always find a way to steal.
YEP, there is a fictional character first penned in 1957 by author Harry Harrison, called The Stainless Steel Rat..., the character refers to himself as that, explaining that a "rat" gets into stuff for its own gain, and a human that swindles/defrauds/burglarizes/steals is therefore a human rat, and in the stories, the character has learned how to get around and defeat a host of modern anti-theft devices and procedures, so he is a "stainless steel" version of a human rat... and proud of it. Just illustrating that as far back as the late 1950's, folks understood there is always a way to steal.

Be cautious, folks

LD

If you just read their descriptions of items or how they describe their business, alarms should be going off in your head. Unless maybe you are looking for ‘mass ammo’.

Purchase CCI Caps #10 From Midwayweapons

CCI Percussion Caps #10 are ceaselessly tried and gotten to the next level. Subsequently the present CCI preliminaries are more delicate, simpler to situate and more viable with moderate and mechanized stacking hardware than at any other time. They use present day non-destructive and non-mercuric initiator blends for the cleanest consume conceivable.
#10 caps are for some imported revolvers having smaller nipples……

Midway Weapons ammo

In the event that you are searching for mass ammo, you went to the right site! We highly esteem offering unquestionably the best arrangements to the most genuine shooters for mass handgun ammunition, mass rifle ammunition, mass shotgun ammunition, and mass rimfire ammunition.

Look at our huge determination of in-stock ammo. We convey every one of the most famous types and a gigantic determination of more specialty types as well. Anything you desire, we have it estimated modest and prepared to transport quick
good lord! that word salad sounds like peanut butter Harris!
makes my eyes bleed reading it.
anytime an add starts out "greetings most esteemed sir" i shudder.

Back