• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ongoing activities

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave951

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Part of what we're doing in our work in the Scout camp is interacting with kids who are in the main camp. We do this on Friday night campfire. Prior to the campfire, PathfinderNC and I go up to the camp in our reenacting gear and spend the hour interacting with kids and promoting the black powder program. The guys who run the "rest" of the program don't like us much, maybe cuz we're popular with the kids and they aren't :D We also present awards to outstanding shooters. We (our instructor group) decide on which shooter in a session was the "top shot". That isn't always the best shot because we're looking for the complete package so our criteria are- safety, attitude, marksmanship, improvement, and shooting discipline. We use old donated medals from our National competition so the award isn't something that could be bought anywhere. The idea is these are accolades that have been won in competition and so can be passed from an old shooter to a young one. So a couple pix from last evening.

The crowd is filtering in.
IMG_8132.JPG

Myself and PathfinderNC. Since Bob is Colonial Militia, I refer to him as part of the undisciplined rabble :p
IMG_8092.JPG

The kids had started gathering around and soon it was a major crowd scene. The young man in the Federal uniform is a Scout who is into reenacting. He is working the in the Mountain Man program for the first half of the summer.
IMG_8098.JPG

The first of our awards went to this young man. He was a great kid to work with and a fantastic shot. If he gets into the competition world, he'll be a very tough competitor.
IMG_8125 (2).JPG

And our second "Top Shot". This guy shoots air rifle competition in his school. He already has the concepts and techniques and quickly adapted to black powder and muzzleloading. He was fun to be around and a great shot.
IMG_8126 (2).JPG

A good way to get the younger ones into our game. With out youth coming up our game will die.

Back