• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

One Shot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Wag

40 Cal
Reaction score
My CEO gave the go ahead to increase our muzzleloader holdings.
I have been assigned responsibility for all purchases, on a conditional basis.

One shot to secure the very best Hawken rifle kit available.

Please advise! I need this gig! Thanks!
Jim

The Hawken Shop - they still use Sam’s tooling. Either kit or completed rifle.

Don Stith is another Kit source.

Sorry, I'm being silly. Truth is, my wife gave me permission to buy a rifle kit.

I'm looking for a kit that is of great quality and as historically accurate as possible.

Hawken, half or full stock, .54 caliber, quality lock, stock and barrel, and the best trigger set.

The Hawken Shop - they still use Sam’s tooling. Either kit or completed rifle.

Don Stith is another Kit source.
Actually, they still have Sam's stamp which has a chain of provenance through the sales of the rights to the Hawken stamp to William Campbell, John Gemmer and Art Ressel to the current owners. The kit is an accurate copy of a Sam Hawken rifle.

Actually, they still have Sam's stamp which has a chain of provenance through the sales of the rights to the Hawken stamp to William Campbell, John Gemmer and Art Ressel to the current owners. The kit is an accurate copy of a Sam Hawken rifle.
Wow! I knew they had the rights to the name, and that they produced an accurate copy, but I didn't know they had the actual stamp.

Notchy Bob

I wish I still had this one, built from Tracks Bridger kit.

New toy.jpg

Actually-actually, there was/are more than one stamp. I have an acquaintance who used to build fine Hawken repros. (One was verified by John Baird as being original. But that's another story) He bought a stamp at an auction from the Hawken shop that has a crooked 's'. The crooked 's' is considered by some to be proof of originality.

If you want the very best and most authentic kit, it is Don Stith's.

Buying else where is settling for less.

Need to get one before it is too late.

Back