• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

One of my favorite photos

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good pic. Speaking of Cavalry, my dad "jined" the horse Cavalry back before WWII when he was still in high school. The unit was the 109th Cavalry Regt Tennessee NG. He was kind of a teacher's pet to his very old English lit teacher...she always referred to him as her gallant little Cavalry man.

I am sure it's just me, and I am most likely wrong, and have been known to be wrong, but is he wearing boots, are his pants tucked into his boots, or was he a casualty and missing his legs??
I didn't notice that until you posted that but it does appear that he may have been missing his lower portion on both legs.

i don't see any caps on those Remingtons but the key phrase here is "i don't see":cool:
i have a brother that had a photo shop. he took tons of High school graduation pictures.
i gave him a mountain rifle, a 1851 navy, and a zulu shotgun along with a acme side by side to use as props.
he told me that the eastern oregon girls all wanted to have all of the guns in their pictures!
showed me one gal in particular that would make your eyes bleed she was so beautiful! especially with the 51 in her belt and the side by side braced on her hip!

Last edited:
I agree with @flashpoint. That poor fellow probably didn’t have to worry about shooting his horse by the time that pic was shot. In my best Forest Gump voice; he ain’t got no legs!

Near picture!
Any idea of the identity of the soldier or his unit? (not the one his revolvers are pointing at)

Back