One of my favorite photos

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Reaction score
The three revolvers appear to be Remington's but this laptop screen is not very large so could be missing something. Agree with others who say the revolvers are props. It is a very interesting photo including the sword.

Last edited:

flashpoint

40 Cal
Reaction score
Doesn’t look like he can run very fast so best have a lotta shots to let off at who ever he’s chasing. Cool photo!!
I am sure it's just me, and I am most likely wrong, and have been known to be wrong, but is he wearing boots, are his pants tucked into his boots, or was he a casualty and missing his legs??

Zulch

40 Cal
Reaction score
I am sure it's just me, and I am most likely wrong, and have been known to be wrong, but is he wearing boots, are his pants tucked into his boots, or was he a casualty and missing his legs??
I didn't notice that until you posted that but it does appear that he may have been missing his lower portion on both legs.

Reaction score
i don't see any caps on those Remingtons but the key phrase here is "i don't see":cool:
i have a brother that had a photo shop. he took tons of High school graduation pictures.
i gave him a mountain rifle, a 1851 navy, and a zulu shotgun along with a acme side by side to use as props.
he told me that the eastern oregon girls all wanted to have all of the guns in their pictures!
showed me one gal in particular that would make your eyes bleed she was so beautiful! especially with the 51 in her belt and the side by side braced on her hip!

Last edited:

SPQR70AD

40 Cal
Reaction score
Cavalry soldiers would have carried multiple revolvers in a holster. The revolvers in the picture were props.
exactly. some guys commented that he would shoot the horse or something else. nobody could or would ride a horse at gallop carrying pistols like that. they might even fall out

Stykbow

40 Cal
Reaction score
I agree with @flashpoint. That poor fellow probably didn’t have to worry about shooting his horse by the time that pic was shot. In my best Forest Gump voice; he ain’t got no legs!

Andrewmtnman

40 Cal
Reaction score
My pop always says “son, never point a gun at something you don’t want to shoot”. Yikes