• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

One Muzzleloader enough?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To expound on my earlier comment: Three and a half years ago I owned two muzzle loaders. Today I have thirteen MZ long guns and four BP hand guns. That is my answer to your question.

My father taught me that there's no such thing as a silly question --- but that comes close. My answer is, if that makes you happy, sure. It's `way better than no muzzleloader. However, it would make you unusual in this group, or any group of muzzleloaders I've ever been part of.

And today roughly a year later..... even with me owning a multitude of muzzleloaders.... more than I can ever shoot effectively in a lifetime......... I STILL SAY a good .62 or .72 fusil will do everything a man needs doing in the field or woods.

I'm at the point of having too many. I have 6 of the unmentionables and 5 sidelocks (2 flinters and 3 caplocks). Plush I have a myriad of centerfires

One is too many, a thousand not enough.
Could all Great Neptune’s ocean wash the soot from my hands?
Lay on with a will and damn be he who cryth first enough.
No one can never be enough… unless you are the guy in the saying beware of the guy who shoots one gun😊

If you can afford it and desire another toy for whatever reason , life is short , get it. I've played with many different types of m/l's , and am currently scratching out a smooth rifle ,'cause some folks have reported on them in the Forum. Want to find out just how worthwhile they are. I'm not a keeper of "safe queens" , though.

Welcome, I got a CVA Buckhorn Magnum, just for deer season, then a .44 Pietta Sheriff a CVA Hunterbolt walked into my gun locker followed by a CVA St.Louis Hawken then a Pietta .36 Navy (steel) then a CVA .44 Kentucky style Jukar. If you can feed your addiction with 1 so be it.

Back