• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

One Muzzleloader enough?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hurricane

32 Cal
Reaction score
Used to think so, but now I know better.
Started out here in Maine with a TC hawken back in 1985 for a few years. Big fun but then went inline with a TC FireHawk. Then about 25 years not doing any ML hunting. Finally I got to remembering how much fun the muzzleloaders were and picked up a Traditions in-line last year. Just recently I was gifted a CVA Hawkin that I hope to carry in woods this year.
Looking forward to learning about the care and feeding of the CVA. Thanks for having me aboard.

Welcome, I'm in Maine also. Google Gomers Cave, it will take you to the Ancient Ones Of Maine. We are an active group.
Nit Wit
Hi Nit Wit and thanks for the welcome. I found the Ancient Ones of Maine Facebook group (great pictures) but the AOOM.com site took me to a gaming site(?) in Indonesia. Did it get hacked or did I screw up looking for it?
Good news is that the Vous location is only a couple hours away. I hail from Shapleigh, ME.
- Jay

Won a TC Hawken 50 cal. in 1995
Rebuilt a 50 cal smoothbore with Golcher lock in 2000
Given a 45 cal. Kentucky pistol 2000
Bought a 54 TC Renegade around 2005
Bought an 1863=Bridesburg musket in 2005
Bought and sold a Pedersoli Pa. Rifle 2006
Bought a 40 cal Flintlock 2016
Bought a 50 cal. Hatfield perc. In 2017
Got another 1864 Musket 2022.
Tons of fun waiting for a day at the range! LIG

Last edited:
Welcome and yes one muzzleloader is more than enough. You could actually purchase one and share it with friends and neighbors. You know, just take turns. Obviously kidding, the question is.. can you ever have too many?

Latest posts

Back