• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

One Blanket Traders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the idea of HC clothing that still complies with the requirement for hunter orange. Now, to get a big orange capote or blanket coat.

Brokennock said:
I agree with a lot of what you say. I just don't understand the logic that I'm more likely to be the victim of a hunting accident if I don't wear orange, just cause I'm carrying a gun.

The truth is you are not. It is just that the State game agencies do not want to get involved with the public debate and logical consequences of bringing the issue up as a proposed change in state law for the reasons I have already stated. I have heard the Massachusetts Fish and Wildlife make the same argument against repealing the "No Sunday Hunting" blue law. To make such a proposal, would invite opponents to argue that non hunters need their own days in the woods free from the threat of being shot, which is usually the very first argument they make. If you propose to make everyone out of doors wear orange between Sept and Jan, you are inviting the opposition to correctly assert that if Hunters are that much of a threat to public safety, then perhaps the correct solution is to simply ban hunting. Wouldn't that look nice as a ballot question in a general election. All they would need is a simple majority to force a change in the law.

Our task as hunters is clear. We need to stop shooting at unidentified movement. We need to press for felony convictions for those who break the "mistaken for game" rule, and we need to be polite when we come across people who are wearing questionable colors and not suggest in any way that they are asking to be shot. Too many guys reprimand them and that is not helpful.

I read you comments and believe you are on the right track, also believe education and awareness is an is a acceptable experience in the outdoor pursuit for all folks. One must realize not all who venture into the woods are hunters. I realize demographic regions have different perceptions of right and wrong. The beliefs of one area will greatly vary from another, The areas I hunt in during the Maryland seasons are very far from anyone this is done for the reasons that are talked about in these posts.Occasionally I come across others whether hunting or strolling and never had a problem most are very curious as too to the dress and weapons I use. I have come across the game wardens during the pursuit and all of them are interested in my mode of attire. It is our responsibility to #1 be safe,#2 be very sure of the target and what is beyond the target,#3 comply with safety requirements of the state, and #4 educate those whom we interact with. If we do not educate those who object to the sport in my opinion the sport will be lost. And yes I done the hunter orange in the form of a outer waist coat and orange knit cap.AN APPALICHIAN HUNTER

I'm not a big believer in the effectiveness of hunter orange anyway, I just wear it to comply with the law. I think wearing white and brown during deer season or black and red during spring turkey season is more dangerous than not wearing orange. If hunter orange is so effective, why don't non-hunters out walking their dog/s, hiking, riding mountain bikes or horses, on public land open to hunting, have to wear it?

Depends on the state you are in. Arkansas requires the blaze orange if you are in an area that can be hunted or frequented by deer during hunting season. Doesn't matter if you are hunting or hiking. At one time there was an exception for horse riders but that dangerous rule has been changed. BTW, "effectiveness" is a debatable thing. But, there is a reverse condition that makes orange important these days. There are those who will shoot at anything moving if it is NOT wearing orange. :shocked2: Idiots, I agree but it is what it is.

I tend to use a different example when discussing orange use by non hunters. As we don't want to emphasize the idiots who shoot at anything that moves, I like to point out, usually using bird or small game hunting as my example, that there may be shots at game that I would pass up if I saw the hiker/dog walker/mountain biker, beyond the target, if they blend in and I'm focused on the game I might take the shot. It probably wouldn't result in them getting "shot," but they may get rained on by spent shot pellets, something many of us are used to and except, to a certain extent, but I wouldn't expect them to be okay with.

I had to orange up on a preserve bird hunt in PA in February for game birds, It was for THEIR insurance requirement purposes. Great time, No snow, sun but 14 degrees and no wind. 5 Ringneck Pheasant. 1 Chucker and 1 Quail. Our dog DID get her rewards.

MIJO Bird hunt w Bell.jpg
MIJO Pheasant Hunt.jpg

The website is down for One Blanket Traders. I've heard rumors of him being on Facebook, which I will have nothing to do with.

Does anyone have his contact info?

I am looking for a few yards of the orange material he used on my frock.

I had to orange up on a preserve bird hunt in PA in February for game birds, It was for THEIR insurance requirement purposes. Great time, No snow, sun but 14 degrees and no wind. 5 Ringneck Pheasant. 1 Chucker and 1 Quail. Our dog DID get her rewards.

View attachment 37677View attachment 37678
Looks like me, a nylon orange vest pulled on over historic clothing.

The groups hunt became free when I agreed to allow the preserve to use the images of our hunt only (in sepia finish only) on their advertisement, 15 minute, loop film they use at outdoor and sports shows. In sepia, it's all good.

The website is down for One Blanket Traders. I've heard rumors of him being on Facebook, which I will have nothing to do with.

Does anyone have his contact info?

I am looking for a few yards of the orange material he used on my frock.
(434) 774-8116 that’s the number I have for him BN... I havnt tried it for some time. I did however get the same frock you did and I got a nice orange voyager cap, which will come in handy this deer season.

Too many drunks and careless people first couple of days of deer season here. I would want bright orange armor. Better to go in the January flintlock season. At least if you get shot at there won't be an immediate second shot.

(434) 774-8116 that’s the number I have for him BN... I havnt tried it for some time. I did however get the same frock you did and I got a nice orange voyager cap, which will come in handy this deer season.
Only a phone # & no FB / website?

BTW. How much was that "caped wrap around hunting shirt with a removable/reversible fringed cape"?

Too many drunks and careless people first couple of days of deer season here. I would want bright orange armor. Better to go in the January flintlock season. At least if you get shot at there won't be an immediate second shot.
Hmmm... I wonder if one of Gen. Simon Fraser's officers told him the same thing...?

BTW. How much was that "caped wrap around hunting shirt with a removable/reversible fringed cape"?
Don’t quote me.. but I think I paid around 50$. I also think he may have went out of business. Give him a call and see, if he is still in the game, it’s well worth the money website or not..

If hunter orange is so effective, why don't non-hunters out walking their dog/s, hiking, riding mountain bikes or horses, on public land open to hunting, have to wear it?
In Arkansas hunter orange must be worn by anyone who is in an area where there might be game. It's effectiveness can be debated. But, there are enough careless, nutsos out there hunting they might shoot at anything moving that is now wearing blaze orange.

Too long ago for me to remember how much it cost.
When I ordered that, and a few standard shirts, One Blanket had a website. Then I heard he had a Facebook page and did business from there, I don't do Facebook though.

Back