• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

?? on sight & cheek height

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labrat

40 Cal
Reaction score
I have no experience on this. When I sight down my new colonial rifle I have to bury my cheek into in stock really hard to get my sight picture. Do I remove 1/4" from the top of the cheek wood or do I have to get a taller rear sight? Not sure which is correct. The rifle is still in the building stage. Thanks for any help........Labrat

Last edited:
I ran into the same problem with mine. It took a combination of learning how to shoot the gun and a little wood removal from the comb.

And not using swiss fffg. That stuff pops hard.

I have no experience on this. When I sight down my new colonial rifle I have to bury my cheek into in stock really hard to get my sight picture. Do I remove 1/4" from the top of the cheek wood or do I have to get a taller rear sight? Not sure which is correct. The rifle is still in the building stage. Thanks for any help........Labrat
Put the sight on you like (double sticky back tape) and see what you need. If you need more drop, then lower the butt plate and cut the comb. You did not say, but if the butt plate has been fitted, then there is not much room to play with. The drop should be determined prior to any butt plate installation. Hope this helps!
Larry

Back