• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Old Thompson Center Hawken price check.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster95

32 Cal.
Reaction score
$399 for a 1980 Thompson Center Hawken with blued steel furniture is a good price? The rifle do not have a patch box and nose cap, also the butt plate is straight not curved. The gun is in very good condition.

That’s the TC Hawken Custom. Not too many made & if it’s in very good to excellent condition it will likely bring that price or a bit better.

After re-reading his description, I agree. Sounds like a Renegade and about half that amount would be all I’d give unless it was a Big Boar.

I paid $200 for a TC Renegade like that.... minor crack in the stock.... and the barrel took a lot of work. But otherwise in excellent shape. I bet I have Scouts shoot it #1000 times since. $399 sounds a bit high, but years from now if you keep it, what's a couple bucks.

Its the only one I have with the modern rifle butt, and some Scouts like it better... all the rest (all Hawkin style) have a curved butt with brass.

I am on the lookout of a LH .50 cal...., lots of Scouts show up "other handed"...

If you plan on flipping it, yeah sounds high, but if you are gonna shoot it & have the $, just get it.

DG

I sold this one for $400, unfired NOS barrel and an L&R RPL lock.

finished Renegads 002.JPG

Back