• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Old Maxi's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received a couple of hundred .45 Maxi's that were prelubed but dried out. Mineral spirits was suggested here and worked pretty good tho still a bit greasy with old lube residual. Simple Green full strength and shake worked. I know they are shootable now but look "frosted" for lack of a better word. Not shiny like new casts. Am I correct that the "frost" represents lead oxide? If so, seems like I should get rid of it or reduce it. Was thinking of running through my tumbler with corn cob or walnut shell media and polishing powder then throw the media away. Another option might be to use Alox to seal them up? Or am I overthinking it?
Ok I'm ready -- flame away...

Back