• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

old Lyman trade rifle needs a hawkin style stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aloyalistdawg

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello Guys
I have an older Lyman trade rifle, in 50 cal. Does anyone have an ider were I could pick up a drop on stock. I would like to do the refinishing etc...I really want it to lloook like a Hawkin though
Thanks my best regards a loyalist Dawg

I don't know much about the trade rifle, but it kind of resembles the TC hawken in shape, IIRC. You can call Pecatonica River and I believe they can inlet a TC Hawken replacement stock for Lyman parts. They are very helpful!

However, it will not be a true hawken shape. But if you look at pictures of original Hawkens, you can do enough mods to the stock to resemble one in some respects.
Take a look at this:
P9260101.jpg

P9260100.jpg

This is the Pecatonica River TC replacment stock. I shaped the nose and added a entry thimble to be a bit more authentic. I also added a Hawken style side plate (your stock lock screw will not fit it properly so you will have to get a new one). Even added a toe plate.

It is in no way a true to form Hawken, but with few simple mods you can make your rifle completely different from someone elses and a bit more authentic.

my T/C lock screw fit my replacement from pecatonica river....i also sanded down the lock plate side of the stock along with the off side to make then even....maybe that's why mine fit :hmm: :v ..........bob

I didn't explain that right. What I meant was, the new side plate I used, the tear drop shaped one, had a larger hole (meaning the recess where the bolt head sits down in) in it than my original Lock bolt (the bolt's head was much smaller). So I ordered a new lock bolt that would fit the side plate correctly (so I wouldn't have a little bolt head inside a large recess in the side plate). Basically I changed side plates and needed a lock bolt that fit accordingly. Hope that's a little better. :redface:

N/M, found your old post when you first finished it... #2CM

Very nice :thumbsup:

Back