• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Old Guys vs. Young Guys (Part 2)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
Here you go, now have some fun...

Just to recap the rules:

Jethro224 said:
Old Guys vs Young Guys Shootin' Contest

A while back, there were some Old Guys here on the Forum braggin' about how they could out-shoot us young whippersnappers. Well, here's their chance to prove it. We're having an Old Guys vs. Young Guys Shootin' Contest!

There will be two teams.

Anyone who is 50 years of age or older as of July 1, 2009 is an Old Guy. Anyone who is less than 50 years of age as of July 1, 2009 is a Young Guy.
Any member who was born at any time of day on July 1, 1959 is automatically an Old Guy.

The captain of the Young Guys will be me, Jethro224.

The captain of the Old Guys will be Mountainman56.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open sighted muzzleloading firearms are allowed. Use a smoothbore, or a rifle, or a muzzleloading handgun(NO Cannons). Percussion, flintlock, matchlock, any traditional style ignition.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at 50 yards.

One shot per member.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than one hole will be disqualified.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The target is a standard sheet of printer paper with an X drawn thru the center corner-to-corner.

Shots will be measured from the center of the hole to the center of the paper.

Each team captain will measure his teams shots and record the scores. Scores will be forwarded to Musketman who will be the referee. At the end of the contest the winning team will be decided by the AVERAGE SCORE for all shooters from each team.

Take your best shot.

Write your screen name and age as of July 1, 2009 on your target.

Mail your target to your respective team captain postmarked by August 30, 2009.

Captain of the Young Guys team;
Jethro224

Jim Green
P.O.Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

Captain of the Old Guys team;
Mountainman56

Brian Olsen
2013 W 8th
Fort Stockton, TX 79735

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Ohhhhh,
Just caught the last part of that post Swampy... :grin: ...I'd gladly shoot your Target for ya Swamp.....I'd even take along ol' Soggy to watch n' verify it(Whatever that means)What says you all?I'd even write a note to put in all three components... :hmm: :wink:

Well I only allow this cause Soggy says he hops around on one foot and closes his shootin eye just before firing, so it can't get any fairer than that...

Swampy said:
Well I only allow this cause Soggy says he hops around on one foot and closes his shootin eye just before firing, so it can't get any fairer than that...

an halftail does the same thing! :wink:

RC said:
Swampy said:

Yeah but....That's involuntary.....Comes from being a buddy with Soggy :shake:

Halftail said:
RC said:
Swampy said:

Yeah but....That's involuntary.....Comes from being a buddy with Soggy :shake:

involuntary
???

that mean it comes natural? :blah:

Naturally you've got too much time on your hands...... :wink: :blah:
I need to get to the range before Bill arrives on the weekend.....Gotta get Swampys shot done... :hmm: :grin:

Mountainman56 -

Target is going out in the mail today. As said before, if the hole is too far from the center . . . please shred it. I will verify that I never sent one :slap: .

Otter

Been kinda quiet for a couple of days,did the ole guys run out of things to say, or are they taking a nap? :rotf: :rotf:
Hey jethro, did you get a target from the armpit of the United States yet? I stuck it in the mail Friday. Come to think of it, aint heard from our captain in a few days :hmm: You ole guys aint kidnapped him or nothin ? have ya? :haha: :v

I think there is only two or three of us, It dont take long to get that many targets gathered up. :haha: :haha:

Otter said:
lonehunter said:
. . . or are they taking a nap?
Maybe . . . We dun wore ourselves out shootin' . . . don't sound like you younguns been doin' the same . . .
Hold it now....us youngers is still carousing with our wifes and such...no time for shooting......muzzleloaders that is... :blah: ....Things is kinda slow I'll agree :snore:

I been wrasslin' with computers for a week or so. I think I got it all back to good now. :thumbsup:

Got a trip to the P.O. box scheduled for right after work. Maybe there'll be a few more targets in there by now.

I went up and shot up 30 or 40 targets and sent them all with ficticious names.... :hmm: ...young names at that......like ....Little Jimmy...Billy the Kid.....Tater tot....don't tell the old fellas..... :blah:

I have all my stuff loaded up ready to go, I went out to the firld I practce/hunt in and the gut was speaying the fielfd for pre-plant weed control so I will go back tomorrow, don't know how much good I will do the old guys cause but I hope to hit the paper at least, that should be good for an 8" score at worse case...

Got your target today Otter :thumbsup: nicely done.

tg, I'll be watchin for yours.

OLD GUYS RULE!!

tg, dont go to all that trouble, send your target to one of us young guys, we will poke a hole in it for ya and send it to your captain :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :v

Jeeze with friends like youz who needs enemas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back