• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Old Guys vs. Young Guys, May 2016

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question re scoring: Is the central oval worth 9 or 10 points? Cutting the 1/4" white circle (by more than half a ball's width) is 10 points or an X? I'd like to know before I attempt to score my target. Thanks to Ames' generosity, I have a target to score! :grin:

Btw, I shot Candle Snuffer's May match @ 50 yd. today as well. Did OK, but could have been better.

I have not gotten all of the scoring details from Jethro so will have to defer to him on your questions. The rule on crossing into 2 is "Each shot will score according to the ring in which the center of the ball hits. If the center of the ball is on a line the higher score will be counted".

I am going to do the scoring. I will be in Vermont and off the grid until June 5th so make sure you ask Jethro if you have anymore questions.

Dave

I'll miss this one. Got my timing wrong for my range visits. 50m range in use both times this month.

I'm sure you'll gladly accept my apologies Jethro. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Yes, go by the center of the ball. If the center of the ball is in the white dot it is a 10, if in the black oval it's a 9. If right on the line it will score as the higher.

Studit said:
I'll miss this one. Got my timing wrong for my range visits. 50m range in use both times this month.

I'm sure you'll gladly accept my apologies Jethro. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Dang it, Studit! I was counting on you to lower the old guys' average.

:haha: I guess I'll forgive you...

Targets in the mail.
It was a windy day. Yeah, that's it. Wind. :shake:
No, wait. Coffee shakes. That's it. :redface:
No. Must be my eyes. Old guy team eyes. That's it! :idunno:
No....it was my new gun. Figured I could break in the barrel and shoot paper for the team at the same time. Why not?
Why not? Because I figured out after shooting the paper that the new gun wants to be a tack driver when I bumped up the charge "just for fun".
Next time, scarecrow. Next time. :doh: Lessons learned.

Jethro224 said:
Dang it, Studit! I was counting on you to lower the old guys' average.

:haha: I guess I'll forgive you...

I'll be on your team again in 18 months Jethro. I promise I won't let you down again :wink:

Well it appears that we have a tie here in the old guys vs. the young.

For the young guys we have:
1)Jethro 21

Total young guys 21 with a 21 average.

For the old guys we have:
1) Ames 28
2) Maven 22
3) 58 Caliber 21
4) MDK_WV 17
5) Nessmuk 16

Total "Old Guys" 104 with a 21 average.

I think the old guys get a :thumbsup: :hatsoff: for a good showing. We scared those young guys so much they didn't even give it a "shot". :rotf:

Dave

Jethro224 said:
...looks like the young guys are gonna be seriously out numbered. :shocked2:
Ah ain't scairt tho. Ah'll take on the whole mess a ya by myself if'n Ah hasta!

:hmm: Thought I was just kiddin'. :idunno: :surrender:

:hatsoff: to the old guys team for havin' the gumption to at least show up. And shootin' pretty decent. I'm joining up with you guys. :)

Well congratulations to all of the old guys that helped carry the team to victory. Nice shooting Jethro, that was a lot of pressure carrying n the young guys on your back, but you held your own. Next year let's show them young guys how to shoot again!

Well the old guys have a good solid team and a new member as Jethro is officially old now. :hmm: If we have another old guy young guy shoot I guess it is an automatic win for the old guys if we get the same turnout. Shame on you young fellas...... :nono: :blah: :rotf:

Dave

If we do it again next year, you might be the only young guy.
I'm old now. :shocked2:

Nah... ya gotta round off to the closest whole number.
Didn't hafta do that with just ONE target. :shake:
The tie stands. :thumbsup:

Back