• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Old Guys vs. Young Guys, May 2016

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
In the past, I have run a couple of Old Guy vs. Young Guy contests. These were fun and popular.
Well, I just realized that as of May 31st I will be 50 years old.
I'll be an OLD GUY! :shocked2:
Since this will be my last chance to be the Captain of the Young Guys team, we are going to have another Old Guys vs. Young Guys contest this month.
Dave, 58 caliber, has graciously agreed to be the Captain of the Old Guys team.

This is a team shoot. Everyone who is 50 or over on May 1st is an Old Guy. Everyone younger than 50 on May 1st is a Young Guy.

Click on this link and print out your target. http://www.targetprinter.com/images/pdflargenumberedbullseye.pdf

Take 5 shots at your target at a distance of 50 yards, offhand, and send it to your team Captain. Each shot will score according to the ring in which the center of the ball hits. If the center of the ball is on a line the higher score will be counted.

The team Captains will score the targets for their respective teams. All scores for each team will be averaged and the team Captains will confer. The team with the highest average score will be declared the winners.

One target entry per member.

5 shots per target, hit or miss.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading firearms (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance. Standing (seated is allowed for members who are unable to stand), elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of each shot and the proper measurements on the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each team's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

Mail your target postmarked by June 5, 2016 to;

Captain of the Old Guys team,
Dave Marsh
1808 Allen Glen Rd
Owego, NY 13827

Captain of the Young Guys team,
Jim Green
P.O.Box 322
Pekin, IL 61555

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Be safe and have fun! :hatsoff:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am probably going to catch much flack for this, but I honestly get nauseous just thinking about how I recently turned 36... :(

Awhile back, I had an older gentleman (90 if he was a day) moan and groan about his age. Being the smart aleck that I was at the time, I told him : "you're only as old as you feel". :grin:

To which he responded: "Then I must have died two weeks ago!"

:shocked2:

I guess that makes me.....476. :idunno: I need to nibble some Kibbles and Bits & chase it with a Milk Bone! :barf: :barf: Sure hope no car drives by, I'm done tuckered out. :shake: :rotf:

Heck yeah we get to shoot in this one.
I think I better... Going by the posts in this topic so far, looks like the young guys are gonna be seriously out numbered. :shocked2:
Ah ain't scairt tho. Ah'll take on the whole mess a ya by myself if'n Ah hasta!

We can score our own. If you want, we could each send our whole batch to the other to make sure we agree. Up to you.

I'd like to participate in this one too (as an "old guy" :shocked2: ), but I've got serious printer problems and can't print that target. If anyone is ablate run one off for me, please let me know via PT. Thanks!

I'm going to try and get in on this one. Figure the young guys need some help and finally got my printer working.

Back