• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Old Guy in N.E. Missouri

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome, John; I would not be surprised if we know some of the same folks... I am also from Missouri (Rolla) and spent much time in Jefferson City and Columbia as well. I learned to really shoot well at the Chapman Academy with lots of Columbia PD, and now I am nearing retirement from my own LE career.
Always enjoyed shooting the matches at Chapman's. Columbia P.D. had some really good shooters. Shot with Massad Ayoob on a squad one time. I'll bet we know/knew some of the same people. IPSC days were fun.

Hello. Retired to farm in N.E. Missouri 15 years ago away from fellow muzzle loaders. Most ML friends now ...dead. Going through stuff, trying to finish "projects" and thin the accumulation. Once many ML matches, now very few. Thanks for allowing me to enter your camp.
How ya doing brand new here also and also from MO (St. Louis)

Hello. Retired to farm in N.E. Missouri 15 years ago away from fellow muzzle loaders. Most ML friends now ...dead. Going through stuff, trying to finish "projects" and thin the accumulation. Once many ML matches, now very few. Thanks for allowing me to enter your camp.

WELCOME
From your screen name, you might be a brother-of-the-badge

LD

Always enjoyed shooting the matches at Chapman's. Columbia P.D. had some really good shooters. Shot with Massad Ayoob on a squad one time. I'll bet we know/knew some of the same people. IPSC days were fun.
Yep, I've shot there a few times during the Bianchi cup, Rob Letham sent me home with my tails between my legs....🤣

Big western howdy from Alberta.
Thanks for the great welcomes! Never been to Alberta but I have enjoyed shooting the ducks you guys send south each year. British Columbia is the most beautiful place I've ever seen and Canadians gracious, wonderful people. Experienced your healthcare in Dawson City's emergency room on a 3-month camping trip to Alaska - again, they took great care of me. Hope the borders open soon, otherwise the only Canadians I'm likely to see will have green heads flying way out of range.

We have enough Canada Geese - mostly pooping on golf courses, parks, and lakes.

WELCOME
From your screen name, you might be a brother-of-the-badge

LD
Yes sir. Right at 40 years total if I count 8 years as a "detective" (that's what the commission card read) with the small sheriff's office here when I retired. Great people, grossly underpaid, doing what they could with a stupid low budget. I was there to help.

Yes sir. Right at 40 years total if I count 8 years as a "detective" (that's what the commission card read) with the small sheriff's office here when I retired. Great people, grossly underpaid, doing what they could with a stupid low budget. I was there to help.
I believe the sheriffs departments to be one of, if not the only one, of the loyalist law agencies to uphold the Constitution Of These United States. Former deputy in a couple of Counties in Colorado, among other things.

Sheriff anwers only to the citizens, not politicians. It's not a "Department" but an "Office".A very few are now appointed in a handful of urban areas, but most answer directly to the citizens. Had a very challenging but rewarding career thanks to outstanding people I worked with. Different world today and that's sad.

Sheriff anwers only to the citizens, not politicians. It's not a "Department" but an "Office".A very few are now appointed in a handful of urban areas, but most answer directly to the citizens. Had a very challenging but rewarding career thanks to outstanding people I worked with. Different world today and that's sad.

Welcome aboard Sherriff John your Constitutional values will be welcomed fits on the ML forum during these troubled times. Most BP shooters I've met over the past 60 years are avid historians & know how our freedoms evolved from our actions & enjoy firing the type of firearms that enabled our freedoms.

Back