• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Guy in N.E. Missouri

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello. Retired to farm in N.E. Missouri 15 years ago away from fellow muzzle loaders. Most ML friends now ...dead. Going through stuff, trying to finish "projects" and thin the accumulation. Once many ML matches, now very few. Thanks for allowing me to enter your camp.
I really like MO. We have been thinking a few years back about moving there. People were great while traveling through that state. Property was reasonable. Still thing that way...Colorado is đź‘Ž. Anyways....Welcome.

Welcome from that backward, benighted apology of a state just below Missouri, that place every body says 'Arkansans' come from. Of course those of us who can trace our bloodlines back beyond one paternal generation know people here are properly called 'Arkansawyers'. Maybe it's time for a critical moniker reckoning, along with some restitution for the dispicable abuse loyal Rackensackers have endured. I won't get into the dreadful derision your noble Confederate state has aroused among the Johnny come lately crew who have aspired to 'reeducate' those of us still loyal to our home and sovereign state. We are glad to have you on the Forum, a breath of fresh air (mostly) which will calm your nerves and balm your weary mind.

Last edited:
Welcome from another Missourian. How far north are you in the state? I live just north of central Mo. 2 miles from the Mississippi River.
21 miles south of the Hannibal Wal-Mart in "Old Sugar" (Ralls County) on Spencer Creek. Retired Sheriff of Cole County (Jefferson City). Now about 20 miles west of the Mississippi, 29 miles S.E. of Mark Twain Lake.

Welcome, John; I would not be surprised if we know some of the same folks... I am also from Missouri (Rolla) and spent much time in Jefferson City and Columbia as well. I learned to really shoot well at the Chapman Academy with lots of Columbia PD, and now I am nearing retirement from my own LE career.

Back