• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

"Old" brass flask spout

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinner

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has any idea of any place that sells odd-sized brass powder flask spouts? I have what appears to be an older powder flask (no markings, plain design) that is without the spout. My calipers measure the opening at about .575". I have not been able to find a spout for it anywhere yet.

It is quite likely you have an original flask.

If that is the case, finding a replacement spout may be difficult.

It would be easier to say what you have if you were to post a photo of your flask along with any other thing that might be unique about it.

Sinner said:
I'm wondering if anyone has any idea of any place that sells odd-sized brass powder flask spouts? I have what appears to be an older powder flask (no markings, plain design) that is without the spout. My calipers measure the opening at about .575". I have not been able to find a spout for it anywhere yet.
Contact RMCsports, they machine a lot of brass accessories like spouts, jags, patch/ball pullers etc. in-house. If you can determine what thread it is, they may be able to make you one.

BPS

Forgot to mention...if you know someone that works in a tool & die shop or machine shop, they may be able to help you out. Most shops have a wide range of thread gauges that could help you determine what the original threads are. With a little luck, you may be able to have one made free!

BPS

Back