• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

ohio gun season monday

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have been out this week with one of my sidelocks. if not for ONE THING, I had a total knee replacement done on the 26th. So I am very envious of anyone out hunting right now. This is the first year in about 30 that I have not been able to go deer hunting. Oh Well next year. Good luck to all of you. DANNY

Here's a little hint on Ohio hunting:

Huntingseason-Ohio_zps9395789a.jpg
[/URL][/img]

It's gonna take more than just "good luck". The last 2 years here in Darke Co., my wife and i have seen exactly 11 deer, total. No shots, either!!!! The DNR can't wait to sell out all the deer tags for the insurance company's.

No deer seen, lots of squirrels and chipmunks. Back to work today, at least my .54 "Hannah" got to see the woods. She likes that. :grin:

This morning I finally at least saw one, slowly walking away in thick brush. I hunt two locations in SW Ohio, both in Warren County, and had been seeing lots of deer up to about the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. Maybe the warm weather this week has them fat and happy and not moving much looking for food, I don't know.

I be back in my stand this afternoon, I hope this front coming through with the rain gets them moving tonight.

Good luck to everyone hunting this week.

Back