• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Oh, the heartbreak! Imagine the disappointment...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my Dad's hunting and fishing buddies (they have both left this world) was a rural mailman in northern Minnesota for decades. He would arrange at least part of his trap line so he could check it on his mail route. He saw plenty of damaged packages, some of his co-workers were fond of the phrase: "It's marked fragile? Be sure to only throw that underhand."

What a shame that a nice stock was ruined by the trained gorillas at the PO.

FedX and UPS know exactly what they're doing and they don't care, no accountability, just "woke!"
Just "Woke!", I don't think so. I've had issues with all three big carriers, USPS, FedEx, and UPS. I think the last one's the worst.
Used to get so damn mad I'd say that company isn't aloud in my yard. That only works if you don't want anything delivered.
The drivers are timed for deliveries, they used to have someone in the truck with a watch and a clipboard. Now it's the hand
scanner. They'll scan it, set it by your door, push a few buttons on the way to the truck. Once I got on to track a package, it
said left at front door, time was same time the computer said in the bottom corner. I got up, opened front door to see the
truck away. They're pushed to go faster with less people, and rely on the insurance companies to cover up their oops.
That and average people now a days don't take pride in their work, or they hate their jobs and take it out destructively.
Especially young people who were given everything. Thanks mom, thanks dad.
Yeah, thanks a pant load!

Last edited:
Just "Woke!", I don't think so. I've had issues with all three big carriers, USPS, FedEx, and UPS. I think the last one's the worst.
Used to get so damn mad I'd say that company isn't aloud in my yard. That only works if you don't want anything delivered.
The drivers are timed for deliveries, they used to have someone in the truck with a watch and a clipboard. Now it's the hand
scanner. They'll scan it, set it by your door, push a few buttons on the way to the truck. Once I got on to track a package, it
said left at front door, time was same time the computer said in the bottom corner. I got up, opened front door to see the
truck away. They're pushed to go faster with less people, and rely on the insurance companies to cover up their oops.
That and average people now a days don't take pride in their work, or they hate their jobs and take it out destructively.
Especially young people who were given everything. Thanks mom, thanks dad. Yeah, thanks a pant load!
Even the Post lady according to her has her every move monitored via GPS.

Especially young people who were given everything. Thanks mom, thanks dad.
Yeah, thanks a pant load!
Yep, I know guys that work for UPS and FedX and they stress them out to the max, more so since the advent of the electronic/computer age! It's a sad world we live in!

I ordered some coffee mugs from my companies gift shop, the package never arrived. Called Fed Ex, they investigated and fount the package to be ‘undeliverable’. How nice of them to make that determination.. the previous mugs I ordered, one was broken.. they were all bubble wrapped with no space left for them to move.. somehow, one was broken, and there was no marks on the package, which was surprising.
For that one, they blamed it on the packaging, in combination with their high speed sorting machines..
I’m really happy that I received my 54 cal Hawkins, that it arrived safely.. but that was before all this woke manure.. and the attitude that it is okay to destroy someone’s property while in transit..

If you want to work for FEDEX/UPS I am sure you have to pee in a jar and fill out extensive applications and likely get a credit check. You'd think they would have a questionnaire to evaluate a person's responsibility and evaluate any tendency to vandalism. Because, among other things, intentionally damaging others' property is vandalism.

In regards to FedEx, you can sign up for an account then specify where you want the package left. I specified our covered front porch. I did this because I once received a box of medical supplies that UPS (I think) left in the driveway under no cover on a Friday in the middle of a pouring rain. It was delivered after our regular mail or I would have seen it sooner. It rained all night and Saturday morning. When I went to check the mail Saturday afternoon I found the box, so wet it fell apart. Mind you, the covered front porch was just ten steps away. I complained to our postmaster who informed me that the package was a UPS package. I complained to them next. I also found out about the FedEx account at that time. Since signing up I've never had a problem with FedEx. We have a new UPS driver so maybe my complaint did get results. The nice thing is, we know the new driver. Of course that doesn't help what goes on at the shipping center.

We have deliveries to our farm several times a week - all sorts of stuff. UPS apparently switches drivers fairly often. FedX - same folks, mostly. Things packaged well - no problem. Shoddy packing? Problems no matter what delivery used.

"Another muzzleloader, John?" "Yes. Here's a dozen fresh eggs for your breakfast. Thanks for being careful with my stuff." Sometimes it's home-made jelly. Rural delivery on dusty gravel roads force the brown truck guy to wear goggles. Everything has a covering of road dust. I treat people the way I like to be treated. Works for me.

I’m hesitant to say this because I don’t want to jinks myself, but I’ve always had good luck with deliveries. But I’m rural and everything has to move through relatively small southern centers to get to me. Many years ago when I still built cars and raced I had the same UPS driver for years, he’d take the time to come in the shop to see what I was building and visit a bit. Of course that was a different world and I admit that I’m always nervous now when expecting something valuable. Don’t know what the answer is but to drive a day and pick it up myself.

A few years ago I bought a tripod deer stand from a large internet company. The UPS hub is 6 miles from my house. It made it to the hub before UPS sent it back as being too damaged to deliver. Not once, not twice but three times UPS damaged three stands that were shipped. I just canceled the order after the third damaged one.

Latest posts

Back