• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

offer on double barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coredneck

32 Cal
Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago I went alone for a ride to my buddies gun smith and was allowed to poke around his project pile. Found a double barrel shotgun(?) I thought it was a double 50 but he said shotgun so has to be pretty small.. non-working as it has paper thin barrel walls and one sides action is fully not working and the side that does (sorta) doesn't seem snappy enough to set off a cap. Kinda fell in love with its deep red and black coloring on the stock and brass work, needs cleaned but still looks nice as is. Well he called my buddy and told him I should make an offer as as long as I promise to not try and shoot it he would sell it to me...but I have no idea what it might be worth and don't want to insult him with a offer too low. Alas I had forgotten my phone that day so no photos and no idea who made it (I know one of those things needed for a real price), but anyone have an idea on where to start on a offer? 150? 200?
He does have a few other items I wouldn't mind buying off him or selling for him such as a stock/lock off a springfield perc rifle (no barrel and stock is really short), a Zouave rifle missing the lock, but has a nice stock and good looking barrel.

Back