• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Octogon to round inletting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarnesRowan

40 Cal
Reaction score
I am starting may first build from a blnk and am very excited. I have never inletted a barrel and I an doing a 12 gauge octogon to round. Does anybody have some pointers or a tutorial I can see so I get pointed in the right direction.

The hardest part of inletting isn't the work, or the method, or gaining proficiency with the tools....it's having the patience to do the work, patience to understand the methods, and patience to gain proficiency with the tools. Speed isn't part of the equation.

Inletting a barrel is simple. Work inside the lines, go straight down, only remove wood that's in the way.

Back