• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

October shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I had a lot of interference from life and the weather but I finally got the target shot. I had to color it in as when I hung it up and went back to the 25 yard line I could not see anything as it looked blank to me. Still shot pretty bad as we had wind gusts that day up to 35 MPH. That was about 4 or 5 days ago. That same day my 96 year old father in law fell and ended up in the hospital but fortunately he did not knock down my 95 year old mother in law. After blood tests and exrays etc we ended up putting him in Hospice as turned out he was not as healthy as he thought. 96 is a long life and he said he was ready to go. He actually apologized for living so long and being a pain (couldn't walk, macular degeneration and could barely hear). He was a medic in WWII and was in the Battle of the Bulge. He has told me stories that make your hair stand on end.

So hopefully you get the target and not your neighbor.

Dave

Thanks Paul. My wife and I have been married 52 years and so I have known him all that time which makes he and my mother in law more like mom and dad. Tough to deal with. You couldn't ask for better in laws.

Dave

My meager submission is in the mail. Enjoyed an excuse to take the family to the range and enjoy the cooler weather in MS.
Well I spoke too soon. I did shoot, but had the target sitting on the counter about to put in the mail when it disappeared haha. Wife must not have been a huge fan or maybe trying to save me the embarrassment and let me get things tuned in for next month.

OK looks like all targets are in so here's the scores:
Ames takes first with 45 points; Nice shooting sir!
Maven followed with 30 points.
58 Caliber had 25 points taking third place.

The scorecard is below:
Name Total
Ames 45
Maven 30
58 Caliber 25
Cankenney 20
Russell Shaffer 15
Jack Deihl 15
Silky921 10
Richard Dittman 10

Way to go Ames. Thanks for running the match Adui.

See y'all for this months match.

Congrats to Ames and of course all who participated. That was the toughest target to shoot as I had a hard time seeing it. And thanks again to Terry for putting it on. Dave

Maven could see the targets??? Wow. This was kind of random shooting for me - this month's with an actual visible aiming point will actually be harder for me to get a good score. I can't get a decent group without a really good rest. Fun, though.

See the target? You've got to be kidding. Between the low sun (We shoot to the southeast.) and those tiny marks on paper, I really couldn't see the target well at all. What I wound up doing was aiming where my first shot hit.

Latest posts

Back