• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

October Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Moderator Emeritus In Remembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Here is Adui's October contest.

Have fun. :v

----------------------------
This months target is a download. Click the link, or copy and paste it into your browser. It will take you to a page that will ask for your e-mail.You will receive an e-mail with a download link.
The reason for this is simple; it was a member suggested target, and this is the only way I’ve found to deliver it to the masses for free. I've honestly been hesitant to use it because it required me asking you to give a third party site your e-mail and I fear spam and the negative reprisals that come with me being associated with it. (Personally I hate spam and avoid it at all costs) This one seemed to work good for me.

That said, if anyone encounters a suspicious problem or spam e-mails from this encounter PLEASE NOTIFY ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN STOP USING THIS METHOD!!
https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/758494/Candle Tar...

Rules:
Take 5 shots only.

Scoring will be as follows:

2 points if you hit the flame AND the wick together; smaller calibers will be given 2 points for hit that cleanly cuts the wick without touching the candle, even if it does not touch the flame.
1 point if you hit any part of the flame.
Clean misses count as a zero.
Any hit touching the candle body in any way is a -1.
Hitting the fence is a -2.

Shots are to be taken off hand at 25 yards.

Take 5 shots only, at any score place on the target.

Highest score wins

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

No do-over’s.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzle loading firearms (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the shot and the placement on the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

Mail your target postmarked by October 31st , 2018 to:

Terry Stephens
9043 E Butternut Ave
Mesa AZ 85208

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I'm home. I'm somewhat confused and concerned. The link in the title post is identical to the link they gave me that I saved, and yet somehow it works from my e-mail and not from this site.

Here is the target link: Target

As a side note I found the issue; it looks like I cut off the tail end of the link, everything after the r in target. The end was supposed to read "target.pdf"

Zonie said:
Here is Adui's October contest.

Have fun. :v

----------------------------
This months target is a download. Click the link, or copy and paste it into your browser. It will take you to a page that will ask for your e-mail.You will receive an e-mail with a download link.
The reason for this is simple; it was a member suggested target, and this is the only way I’ve found to deliver it to the masses for free. I've honestly been hesitant to use it because it required me asking you to give a third party site your e-mail and I fear spam and the negative reprisals that come with me being associated with it. (Personally I hate spam and avoid it at all costs) This one seemed to work good for me.

That said, if anyone encounters a suspicious problem or spam e-mails from this encounter PLEASE NOTIFY ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN STOP USING THIS METHOD!!
Could be OK, but I don't like giving my e-mail out on something like this, I will stick this one out.

Noted. I'll not use this method in the future. Don't like excluding anyone I don't have to; and honestly i really do understand the sentiment!

Well I shot the target today and since I did shoot it I will mail it. But.....at 25 yards I could just barely see the outline of the candles and the flames not at all. Looking through the rifle sights it was worse so I just shot where I thought the candle should be. In fairness, with such small targets I might not have done any better even if I could see them. Just saying - after all I did get to go out and shoot.

I think in retrospect this should have been the rare 10 yard target.. Sorry guys :(

In the future, Im going to try to get any novelty target to the range myself before posting it as a contest so I know what you are seeing in advance.

(Besides, its yet another excuse to go shoot! "But honey, I need to post this contest next week and I want to shoot it first so I know the parameters")

I've tried to get this thing to download a few times with no luck. I'm kinda running out of time.

Back