• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

October Country

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firestick

40 Cal
Reaction score
Needed a new ram rod for my N.A. Buffalo Hunter. Came with a flimsy 5/16 hickory rod for a .58 cal rifle! I called Them and they were VERY helpful on the size I length I couldn't decide on and man they shipped it quick fast and in a hurry. Craftsmanship is excellent. Thanks O.C.!!!

October Country has been great every time I've ordered from them. I've ordered online each time so I can't speak to their customer service, but their products are always high quality and ship quickly.

I found them very slow to ship. Up to two weeks to get here.
Wow that's surprising. I placed an order on 7/28 and it shipped the same day and was delivered to NH on 8/1 (So 4 days from ordering to my door). I had similar experience with previous orders on 6/17 and 5/13.

I would not be to hard on business's with shipping with all that's going on now, A example I am waiting on a antelope mount that was killed last year in Wyoming it was finished a week ago and shipped on that day I just got a notice from the brown truck guys it could be delivered in about two weeks, Things are pretty weird it only took two days to get to Wyoming to hunt him last year. Will be going back 2021 to hunt antelope and mule deer I could of picked him up then might of been faster.

I ordered a couple of items from them, shipping wasn't too long, I think it was about seven days from order to receipt.

Then when I looked at the box, I realized that it would only take me about 25 minutes to drive there.

Some time back I bought a brass range rod with the kool wood and wire wrapped handle on it from October Country.
Shipping was fast - got it in a few days.
Great rod - well made and stout!
Some months later I acquired another muzzie with a slightly longer barrel.
I logged onto Octobers web site and asked about a longer rod - even though it would have to be an expensive custom.
They suggested I just get a 5" extension for the rod I had already purchased instead. WONDERFUL!!!
It arrived in less than a week, custom cut and threaded with a metal 10/32 stud in one end to use with my current rod.
Cost was less that 5 bucks....
These folks are wonderful to deal with. And I have never had any delays or shipping issues - even with a custom order.

Don't forget Log Cabin Shop in N/W Ohio. If you order in the A.M. , they can usually get stuff shipped same day. Also, this is their 50th year in business , and they have a new catalog $5. or $7. It's good reference material for reading in the johnney room , as well. They have an on site m/l gunsmith for advice and fixing things plus large stock of parts.........oldwood

Phenomenal folks, very friendly on the phone.

Their range rods are the best around and they’ll make you a custom one EXACTLY how you want. Length, diameter, material, you name it.

10/10 WOULD RECOMMEND
I just ordered a replacement hickory rod for my T/C Hawken! They also have a listing of rod dimensions on their website for most common rifles which makes it easy if you don't have the original.

Latest posts

Back