• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

October 2016

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drive down to Decatur and buy a used Suburban.
At least that's what I did today after work.
So..... you'll hafta wait until tomorrow for the October results. :surrender:

ok. Here ya go.
The Results:

Everybody woulda got to eat venison, but some of ya woulda hadta track it farther. :)

Mad Irish Jack O'Donnell whooped up on everybody!
I ain't sure what they did to fix his shoulder but they sure did it right!
1st place with a score of 5.353"
There were two holes in his target. One of 'em had 2 balls in it and the other had 3. Dang good shootin'! :hatsoff:

2nd was AMES with 9.890"
3rd MAVEN with 14.788"
4th 58 caliber with 17.265"
5th MDK_WV 18.416"

Thanks for playing. :hatsoff:
I'm ready for deer season now. Ours starts next Friday. :) :) :)

Congratulations Jack, that was some mighty fine shootin. :hatsoff: Thanks Jethro for the chance to shoot. I am ready for the season as you saw after I pounded the corner I did get my last one near dead center. Fifth place is always better than sixth. Our dear season, I mean deer season comes in on the 21st. Good luck to everyone.

:hatsoff: Congrats Jack. Some really nice shooting. Our season opens this Saturday and I will have a rest for my gun rather than offhand so no worries on my part about tracking very far. Jethro -- thanks again for the contest and good luck in the woods to everyone :grin:

Dave

Relaxing, breath in, exhale, squeeze, oh! It went off. Aim at the hole, do everything the same as the first time. I didn't really hold long. When the sights line on the hole, I squeezed off. I didn't think it was centered well. The group WAS nice. Thanks. I guess I can go hunting and have no excuse. Oooops.

Well, went deer hunting the last Friday here in PA. Only day I got out due to working at the home place. I saw the sun come up, snow come down, blow around; felt my toes getting cold, fingers getting cold. I saw 7 turkey, lotsa squirrel, a dumb field mouse, three hawks and one hunter. Heard one shot ALL DAY. Saw 2 trails of deer tracks, both headed toward the state game lands. Both appeared to be larger doe and a couple young ones. I'm looking forward to the flintlock season here. Dec 26 through Jan 14. But goes until Jan 28 in my local WMU. WOW, 5 weeks of flintlock time in the woods. My time. :grin:

Latest posts

Back