• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ocd are you

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not OCD but I have coworkers that are.... very much.....
I LOVE to go by their desks and move something askew. For example when they have four pens lined up side by side, I like to change the angle of one...... OR move the height and angle of the desk lamp.... when they're not seated at the desk, of course.... mwa ha haaaa!
😈
LD
Did your company start using 5S. 5S is a five-step methodology for creating a more organized and productive workspace: Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain. I remember when we did around fifteen years ago or so. Each department had someone come around every day with a clip board to check that your work space was 5S compliant. You had to have a label where everything was supposed to be placed. A label where your stapler, tape dispenser, markers, scissors, paperclips dispenser, etc. was on your desk. Everything thing in the office areas, labs, assembly areas, maintenance areas had to be marked and labeled. Even stuff hanging on a wall in the dock areas. If you weren't compliant your name was taken and brought up to the area manager.

It was nice to keep things organized and neat but being written up because your stapler was not in the exact same spot everyday on your desk was a little over the top.

Did your company start using 5S. 5S is a five-step methodology for creating a more organized and productive workspace: Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain. I remember when we did around fifteen years ago or so. Each department had someone come around every day with a clip board to check that your work space was 5S compliant. You had to have a label where everything was supposed to be placed. A label where your stapler, tape dispenser, markers, scissors, paperclips dispenser, etc. was on your desk. Everything thing in the office areas, labs, assembly areas, maintenance areas had to be marked and labeled. Even stuff hanging on a wall in the dock areas. If you weren't compliant your name was taken and brought up to the area manager.

It was nice to keep things organized and neat but being written up because your stapler was not in the exact same spot everyday on your desk.
That is flat out nuts.

That is flat out nuts.
It became that way. As in most things it fell by the wayside. Then they started posting the metrics in the hallways. Hallway walls were literally covered with rows upon rows of plastic sheet holders with production stats. Three or four rows high and 30 to 50 feet long on one or both sides of the hallway and in each departments hallways. Can you imagine the amount of time and effort it takes keeping all these sheets updated everyday. Then they would hold tier meetings in the hallways were they would stand and talk about the stats. Passing a mike around so everyone can have their say. Tier 1, 2, 3, and 4 meetings. Depending on what level position you are (worker, group leader, supervisor, manager, facilities engineer, etc.) you can spend one to three hours in these meetings everyday. This is in use still today.

It became that way. As in most things it fell by the wayside. Then they started posting the metrics in the hallways. Hallway walls were literally covered with rows upon rows of plastic sheet holders with production stats. Three or four rows high and 30 to 50 feet long on one or both sides of the hallway and in each departments hallways. Can you imagine the amount of time and effort it takes keeping all these sheets updated everyday. Then they would hold tier meetings in the hallways were they would stand and talk about the stats. Passing a mike around so everyone can have their say. Tier 1, 2, 3, and 4 meetings. Depending on what level position you are (worker, group leader, supervisor, manager, facilities engineer, etc.) you can spend one to three hours in these meetings everyday. This is in use still today.
My old girl is pretty fussy sometimes I’ll hang a towel wrong or not close a door little things that irritates her till she gets mad then I’ll go to my shed till the air clears.😁 Keeps her mind sharp .

My old girl is pretty fussy sometimes I’ll hang a towel wrong or not close a door little things that irritates her till she gets mad then I’ll go to my shed till the air clears.😁 Keeps her mind sharp .
Mine is the same way. Drives her nuts when I hang things where she thinks they shouldn't be.

Last edited:
My wife is NOT organized. BUT she can find anything I need, even my stuff. I throw my tantrum and "go for a Coke" and come back and it's on the desk. NO CLUE how she does this, especially MT STUFF.

Wanna bug her? Leava kithen cabinet door open hehehe.

I would like to be organized. My garage is worse than all the pics so far and will not be revealed.

Had a husky once that was way OCD. He was chastized badly as a pup for eating the wifes sneaker. Since that day he will grab all the shoes left out and would put then in a line (very straight) and in order, not R&L but in pairs. He also always ate his food with any left overs in a trangle shape, like he ate 5 of 6 pieces of pie. VERY smart too, we had to get bark collars for his pups we kept (1/2 shepherd). They would spray citrolnela when they barked. Within hours he figured it out (and not being a barker or wearing one) he would follow them around and bark so they got sprayed! Dogs are wondefull. Miss him. Got new Golden for the wife on Mothers day. So far he seems....Normal?

Nope not ocd. Pack rat by nature which comes from being raised by a father who grew up on a farm during the depression. Interesting thing about my clutter though. I know where everything is for the most part. When it gets to the point where I can't find something I "clean up". When I'm in the middle of a project though it looks like a hand grenade went off.

Attachments

• PXL_20230319_165514599.jpg
    PXL_20230319_165514599.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
No ocd here but I know where things are kinda. This is my taxidermy shop workbench.
One time my wife cleaned and organized my shop while I was away. I couldn’t find stuff for a long time. She wouldn’t think of doing it again after all my whining. Lol
image.jpg

OCD is just a new fangle way of saying one is picky as how they like or do things. Nothing has changed, two words of the same thing. Been told many times that I'm OCD. My standard reply has always been "Naw, I just like things a certain way". :)

I sure am OCD
….

When I’m at the bench loading.

Cautious and careful, especially when loading my Double barrel .

It was nice to keep things organized and neat but being written up because your stapler was not in the exact same spot everyday on your desk was a little over the top.
Sounds a bit like a junk on the bunk inspection, we done in the Marine Corps.

I think I would purposely put everything on my desk in the wrong place and leave a big sign on my chair that says GONE!

I think I would purposely put everything on my desk in the wrong place and leave a big sign on my chair that says GONE!
You even had to have a label for your key board, screen, and tower for your computer. By each copy machine there were labels for paper, paper clips, stapler, staple puller, in and out baskets, etc. I was the supervisor for my areas. I made a half hearted attempt to comply for the work areas and none for my office. I was the only person in the building with a key for my office. They left me alone.

I'm turning into my Dad. He jotted down notes to himself in red felt tip pen. I'm not at "red pen"stage yet but I am writing myself notes while it's on my mind. And yes he also (like me) had a cluttered workshop.

Back