• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NW Trade Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1675623968706.jpg

Now that I have NW gun booklet I’ve been thinking about the two 12 gauge barrel blanks I bought from Numerich arms or some such decades ago. They are about 32” long. Would they be appropriate for short trade type gun/canoe gun? They are round at the breech but could be filed flat for 3-4 inches or have tapered flats.

Right up my alley ! That picture of me shooting the NW gun ? It has the first barrel I ever , well , kinda made .. I bought the blank from Numrich Arms then breeched it and filed flats on it . Yeah , you can use the 12 ga. barrel you have but I would call Numrich up and order a different one . They have 16 ga. and 24 ga. ( its listed as .570 I.D. but it is .580 ) 26" long . and they are $26 !!

Right up my alley ! That picture of me shooting the NW gun ? It has the first barrel I ever , well , kinda made .. I bought the blank from Numrich Arms then breeched it and filed flats on it . Yeah , you can use the 12 ga. barrel you have but I would call Numrich up and order a different one . They have 16 ga. and 24 ga. ( its listed as .570 I.D. but it is .580 ) 26" long . and they are $26 !!
Rob, thanks again for the book. It was a very generous of you to do this for us. When I get home I’m going to buy some new ink cartridges, which I needed anyway, and print it out. Already been reading through it. It’s Great!

Glad y
Rob, thanks again for the book. It was a very generous of you to do this for us. When I get home I’m going to buy some new ink cartridges, which I needed anyway, and print it out. Already been reading through it. It’s Great!
Glad you like it bud . Its good to see Mr. Newton's work live on ! Berta went through a lot of trouble to make that happen. Its awesome ....

Back