• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NW Settlers Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old ugly

40 Cal.
Reaction score
this is my new gun, so i can teach walking eagle how to shoot shotgun. šŸ˜¹. not many as good as WE so that aint happening.

i call it a "North West Settler's Fowler". plain jane smooth bore.

i built this from track of the wolf parts that they had in stock so it was a bit of mix and match. they have very little in stock parts that would have worked for a fowler.
-the stock was a contoured #1 maple blank that had a 5/8" barrel channel and a ramrod channel drilled. it worked pretty good as the skinny 5/8 barrel channel gave me a bit of a guide to follow for the inlet.
-the barrel is 44" 20g track barrel. it has a flared muzzle. i don't know if that would be called swamped?
-the lock is L/R queen Anne. as previous discussed i had to make the trigger so it would not flop around. i built a little spring.
-all steel hardware except the brass home made ramrod front tip.
-the side plate is home made.
-the trigger plate is home made.
-the rear ramrod tip is home made.
-every thing else from TOW
-the finish is ferric nitrate with true oil over it.
-i cheated on the trigger guard with a front screw and none inletted
i had a bit of an issue on the assembly but i will ask that question on another thread.
sorry about picture quality. old man with old phone.

thank you
ou
tom

IMG_4549.JPG
IMG_4548.JPG
IMG_4547.JPG
IMG_4546.JPG
IMG_4545.JPG
IMG_4553.JPG

Very nice, I really like the look. You called it a mix and match but it made a very clean and nice looking gun.
So now the important questions, How does it shoot?

Back