• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NW Pennsylvania

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it must have an amount of COPPER in it.? that is what them stones are around in CONN. THE REV. WAR. COPPERMINES that were used as a prison for the prisoners, they were kept in them and mined the copper vanes. the ladder was pulled up every night,.

Brings back memories from childhood at the old camp near the Caledonia Pike, Frenchville , Pa. , Clearfield Co. . In 1952 , Age 6 yrs. , found me learning to catch native brook trout from Stump Lick Run , and exploring water filled elk licks with woods toad eggs in them. We saw our first mountain lion back then. My father and his friend saw it watching me fish on the trout stream. Dad and his friend didn't tell me of seeing the lion , until I was 10 yrs. old , because they didn't want to scare me from going into the woods alone. LOL. First Pa. elk lick I found , had big Cow like tracks around it. I was perplexed because there were no farms near , like 20 miles distant , So this 6 yr. old went back to camp and asked , why cows were so far into the woods? The owner of the camp said the tracks were elk tracks. He and I went back and examined them again. He said the elk came through the area each spring and visited the lock. Too many good memories..................oldwood

Brings back memories from childhood at the old camp near the Caledonia Pike, Frenchville , Pa. , Clearfield Co. . In 1952 , Age 6 yrs. , found me learning to catch native brook trout from Stump Lick Run , and exploring water filled elk licks with woods toad eggs in them. We saw our first mountain lion back then. My father and his friend saw it watching me fish on the trout stream. Dad and his friend didn't tell me of seeing the lion , until I was 10 yrs. old , because they didn't want to scare me from going into the woods alone. LOL. First Pa. elk lick I found , had big Cow like tracks around it. I was perplexed because there were no farms near , like 20 miles distant , So this 6 yr. old went back to camp and asked , why cows were so far into the woods? The owner of the camp said the tracks were elk tracks. He and I went back and examined them again. He said the elk came through the area each spring and visited the lock. Too many good memories..................oldwood
oldwood:
Thank you buddy. I forgot about fishin' the deep woods streams for natives here in Pa. Good eatin' but more fun catchin'. Had to watch for those abundant Eastern Timber rattlers though. They showed up everywhere around here in the thick woods of NE Pa..
God bless:
Two Feathers

Back