• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NUTS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimmerstutzen

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Well the black walnuts are falling, the hickory nuts are falling and the chestnuts are going to be falling soon. I am told that I have a couple wild filbert trees but I have never found them. Of the hickories we have two or three different varieties and I do not even know which are the good and which are the bad. There is a stand of beech trees across the creek, but the turkeys always seem to get the beech nuts. The ground almost looks like it was rototilled after the turkeys get done. They are so darn small anyway, I can't figure out who would be hungry enough to try eating them. So what kind of nuts do you have?

We have a couple of Chinese Chestnuts near the house. Mrs Coot collects & roasts the nuts. The spikey pods? are a mess that we have to pick up & toss into the woods. The nuts are good to eat but not worth the clean-up to me.

Colorado Clyde said:
If I ever move to California I'm planting a pistachio tree in my yard.... :grin:
I've lived in California and it is, quite frankly, the last place I'd ever want to live again. Too many people...

California does have some advantages such as ethnic foods of all types at pretty much any time of day, ethnic markets with fresh ingredients, fresh seafood and a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables.

It certainly would be. I'm a fan of pistachios myself, but I'd consider moving to California if I could eat myself into a Sushi coma each day....

Back