• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Numrich under hammer pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SHOOTERS BIBLE BLACK POWDER GUIDE by Major George Nonte (U.S.A. ORDC, Ret), 1969 and Black Powder GUN DIGEST by Toby Bridges, 1972 only mention the Numrich Boot Pistol in .36 and .45 cal .

Hi,
"IF" you can get your mitts on a Numrich under hammer pistol...any caliber....get it!
You will not be disappointed, they are ACCURATE!
They are butt ugly, but they do shoot!!
The .36 takes a .35 or .345 ball.
And the .45 takes a.440 ball.
I used a .437 ball with great success.
Fred

I'd buy a .36 or .45 and reline it to .32 if that's what is really wanted but You will be better off with a .36 in my opinion.
I'd like to try one of their pistols myself as I think it an excellent design for target work as it gets one about as close as can be to grip and barrel alignment.

I have a Numrich boot pistol - an underhammer.
If i could figure out how to post a picture, I would. I also have another underhammer made by Bob Worthington at Greyhaven Arms.

The reason I asked is because a guy at a Gun Show told me that he had one that was original in .32 cal from Numrich Arms. I own four Numrich underhammer pistols, two in .45 cal and two in .36 cal and several underhammer rifles and one underhammer shotgun. Yep, I like flintlocks, but also like those ugly underhammers. I have the guy's number with his .32 and might buy it for my collection....that is, IF it is original and I sell one of my .36 cal's.

Back