Quantcast

Number of New Members

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Justin.44

Supporting Member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just joined a few days ago and I love it here. I'd never shot BP until this March (also never used a forum of any kind) and between this site and youtube I've already learned so much. My wife bought me an 1851 Navy for my birthday and I was instantly addicted, within a month I picked up a used Uberti Walker and I'm having a blast learning and shooting. I hope to aquire a percussion rifle soon so I'll definitely be taking advantage of all the experience here as I've never shot one before. Anyway I saw this thread and just wanted to share what brought me here.

mooman76

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like a small group of people want to argue just for the sake of arguing not to mention a few seem to know everything about everything and like to show it. To be fair though, there is allot more people here and allot more traffic so there is bound to be more disagreements.

It is still a good sight though. I've seen allot worse. Some places just let people have at it to no end.

Last edited:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The site is growing. And this is a good site and not nearly as fussy as some sites. Also, everyone, everywhere is getting fussier overall due to the issues that have damaged each one's life style and in many cases cash flow.

RB POWELL

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the others but I was here under another nic back in 2013 (I think), left for a number of years dealing with real life, stopped by in 2018 to say hi then was gone until recently. I had forgotten my old password so started a new account, Angie resurrected my old account and was going to merge the two but I assume she's been too busy to do that yet.
Like you I think it does have at least a little to do with people finding outlets due to cabin fever.
Wait a minute! This is real life... isn't it?

Two Feathers

45 Cal.
MLF Vendor
Reaction score
Howdy Felt:
Just an observation. I can say, I joined here in 2008 and have never heard a disparaging word by anyone on this forum? I left another forum to come here for the EXACT same things that you've claimed occurs here that I've NEVER witnessed??? Earlier this year, I became a vendor and have NOT regretted it one bit!
I have made many friends and gained a bucket load of great, loyal customers. I wouldn't trade my experiences here for all that proverbial "Tea in China"! Try doing as oldwood suggested, buy some guns and go shoot. Clear your mind, leave the 21st century, Tech. tangled world behind, and smell the Invigorating stink of Black Powder. Your life will be forever changed, and you'll gain a whole new appreciation for humanity and your fellow BP brothers.
Just one guy's opinion!
God bless:
Two Feathers

1853enfield

32 Cal.
Reaction score
central Washington Not DC but the other Washingt
most of the time i call it a debate rather than an argument. if i dont like something i dont read it.... the posts i really hate is when i or someone else asks a question and half a dozen post well li never owned saw or know anything but i read.... i really like an answer or someone who says heck i have ho idea. some people are experts in every subject. we used to call them women but for some reason many men have followed suite.. now the remark about women was meant to be simulated humor so please no one get their panties in a wad.

Feltwad

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Seems like a small group of people want to argue just for the sake of arguing not to mention a few seem to know everything about everything and like to show it. To be fair though, there is allot more people here and allot more traffic so there is bound to be more disagreements.

It is still a good sight though. I've seen allot worse. Some places just let people have at it to no end.
Theory is good reading and a help but experience is better especially with 72 plus years under your belt in all types guns and ignitions, not to be questioned by theory by some that you are wrong
Feltwad

Feltwad

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy Felt:
Just an observation. I can say, I joined here in 2008 and have never heard a disparaging word by anyone on this forum? I left another forum to come here for the EXACT same things that you've claimed occurs here that I've NEVER witnessed??? Earlier this year, I became a vendor and have NOT regretted it one bit!
I have made many friends and gained a bucket load of great, loyal customers. I wouldn't trade my experiences here for all that proverbial "Tea in China"! Try doing as oldwood suggested, buy some guns and go shoot. Clear your mind, leave the 21st century, Tech. tangled world behind, and smell the Invigorating stink of Black Powder. Your life will be forever changed, and you'll gain a whole new appreciation for humanity and your fellow BP brothers.
Just one guy's opinion!
God bless:
Two Feathers
Well go and buy some guns and go and shoot ,it seems that you have not read my treads in the forums .At 82 years I can still shoot a 100 plus shots when pigeon decoy and crow decoying also at driven pheasant and partridge drives ,Restoration takes up some of my time , now my biggest let down is my legs gone are the days of walking up game and also walking up shooting grouse over pointers and setters, I now rely on transport to get me too the butts and hides
Go and buy some guns and shoot them which I class as a insult at my age many shooting friends now live in old people home whose only pleasure is reminiscences
Feltwad

Two Feathers

45 Cal.
MLF Vendor
Reaction score
Feltwad:
Actually, I have read all 4 of your posts in this thread? No apologies here, I stand by my comment. I'm pretty certain that there are handicapped shooters out there? I'm sorry that I didn't know your legs were gone? If I had, I may have made my post "less stressful" for you? But as I said, I stand behind my comment.
I suffered a massive stroke in 2013 that landed me in ICU for 6 weeks and got me 7 surgeries and 4 stents. It really messed me up, but I haven't let it stop me from being a good person or a friendly person, and turn me into a hateful person! I still enjoy the comraderie and my membership here. I also enjoy my knife making and accoutrement making hobby, even though my hands and fingers are barely usable these days. Don't let your handicap sour you on friendship or humanity. There's a big beautiful world full of people just like you out there, go see it! If you can't drive get a buddy to take you.

I'm 71 and in horrible health. It won't be long before I'm one of those people in the "old folks home" and reminiscing may be the only thing I have left, but I'll leave this earth having had a great time, NOT regretting my life!
God bless:
Two Feathers

sawyer04

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I've been involved in muzzleloading since 1970 or there abouts. Being a participant in this forum has changed my thinking on a number of m/l issues. Thanks to everyone and thanks to the Forum........oldwood
Same here, I grew up in a family of smoke pole hunters along with the bow and arrows. I entertain new ideas from the young gunners, and the technical aspect of the forum is advantageous for new and old shooters, yeah, thank you from this side.

Feltwad

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Feltwad:
Actually, I have read all 4 of your posts in this thread? No apologies here, I stand by my comment. I'm pretty certain that there are handicapped shooters out there? I'm sorry that I didn't know your legs were gone? If I had, I may have made my post "less stressful" for you? But as I said, I stand behind my comment.
I suffered a massive stroke in 2013 that landed me in ICU for 6 weeks and got me 7 surgeries and 4 stents. It really messed me up, but I haven't let it stop me from being a good person or a friendly person, and turn me into a hateful person! I still enjoy the comraderie and my membership here. I also enjoy my knife making and accoutrement making hobby, even though my hands and fingers are barely usable these days. Don't let your handicap sour you on friendship or humanity. There's a big beautiful world full of people just like you out there, go see it! If you can't drive get a buddy to take you.

I'm 71 and in horrible health. It won't be long before I'm one of those people in the "old folks home" and reminiscing may be the only thing I have left, but I'll leave this earth having had a great time, NOT regretting my life!
God bless:
Two Feathers
Sorry but you have misunderstood my reason ok your handicaps are bad but that is not my personal meaning What gets me which has happened to me over the last year is comments against my threads by people who have no idea about the subject only what they have read and comment
or reply with childish answers of which I can name a couple of recent .
No sir I am not hateful something I have never been in fact the opposite because of my health. I know what I am talking about that seems that is the fault with some members I have helped many members in this forum from PM and when game and pest seasons begin I can be shooting 4 days per week
Hope health problems for you will improve look on the bright side All the best
Feltwad

Two Feathers

45 Cal.
MLF Vendor
Reaction score
Feltwad:
Sorry, slight communications gap?
I've been the target of some of those types of issues myself, but not here, at least not for awhile. I hope things improve (in the health department) for you as well my friend. You'll NEVER hear a bad word from me about you or anyone else here. I value all input, crazy or not. I feel if I can't be nice, then I should just stay out of it. I probably don't know much about the subject anyway? My dad always said, "if you can't say something nice about somebody, then don't say anything at all." I try to live by that.
Again... all the best buddy. Keep in touch.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Art Caputo

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I know at least a half a dozen shooters at my local range that have recently taken up black powder shooting, or have been out of it foe some time, and decided to get back into it. In almost all cases it’s due to the social distancing effects of the virus creating more available time to shoot. A couple of shooters had their annual “out of state” travel hunts(using the unmentionables) curtailed, and were substituting the activity with the local muzzleloader season. Perhaps this has stimulated increased interest and new membership.

S.Kenton

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I have had a few issues with some members here over the years, however I never let it drive me away from this site, I’ve grown some very thick skin over the years. I don’t post as often as I used to, I’m busy working on horns and other acroutments... and hope to build another rifle or smoothbore soon. I’m glad to see this site grow, it’s always a good thing to see interst in our sport grow.

Cowboy

62 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
From Cody Wyoming, now lives in Oakwood Illinois
My philosophy that I try to adhere to is to just be kind.

Only speaking on how I view the conduct of members here, new or old? Everyone has the potential to add something to the table.

It’s a journey and we all start from the beginning. Some are further along than others.

If one offers that out reached hand to pull another up through advice? That’s the very best that one could hope for as the one giving that advice.

Someone with a closed mind stops learning regardless of how far along a person is in that journey.

We shouldn’t take it personally if someone disagree’s with our advice even though it may be shrouded in years of knowledge and experience. Like the old saying goes “ You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink. “

I guess what I’m trying to get at is that those who truly want to learn will make themselves known through their questions and interest?

Lastly,everyone gets the same treatment by me regardless. Something might just rub off? Intended or unintended??

We generously give as members of the forum. If they’re truly interested it’s up to them to receive?

In closing, we all strive to keep an open mind. Once it’s closed , learning ceases to exist!

We don’t take things personal, and we carry that spirit of wanting to give for their benefit not ours.

Been watching this topic for some time now my friends. Guess I had to share from the heart.

Respectfully, Cowboy

Latest posts