• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Number 11 cap shortage?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up some #11 caps yesterday at Scheels!
They didn't have all I wanted so I took all that had, even had the guy check in back.

All the way to check out I heard "HOARDER! HORDER!!"

Life just works out sometimes.
Good man....gettem' while they gottem'

Last edited:
Could you change nipple to shot these in a Lyman Great Plains rifle.
6ACD469B-83E8-4934-8BEC-49D07729A38F.jpeg

Yes. I recall how, after Hillary lost, all of a sudden, the non-existent ammo started showing up at shows at really reasonable prices.
My theory is this..... it's not the availability, it's the price.....

We equate very high prices with availability

There are plenty of online places like that KYGUNCO to order caps, my local places have caps , Powderinc has black powder , it's out there , but people used to paying $5 a tin or $20 per lb are like "I'm not paying $15 per tin for caps that's gouging!"

So that equates to shortage, to them.

The same for ammunition. My local Dunham's has enough 5.56 to outfit a Battalion. All the ammunition I could ever need is available , it's just 50- 75 cents per round now. Online sources have lots of 1000 round cases of common calibers available if you're willing to pay. There's no shortage

Any one of us can currently get anything we need to shoot our guns

We've all seen "shortage" several times.....who remembers the Obama panic of 2008, or the panic after that when people were on the news leaving gun shops with 7 AR15s .

And there wasn't a round of anything, anywhere. Maybe if you got lucky you could score some 20 Gauge birdshot or .357 Sig or some other oddball manure.

We haven't yet seen the next "shortage " so if someone needs to drain their savings account to buy ammunition or caps, I guess do so now

I'd rather spend my money adding more peanut butter and powdered eggs to my stash

My local Dunham's had some , non magnum CCI #11

They aren't flying off the shelves

I think I'm the only guy in my area that cares about caps, most "gun people " are looking for cheap .22

The checkout kid didn't even know what caps are , I'm like "these are like gold" he's like is that like a .22 blank or something? I'm like no they're caps for blackpowder revolvers, he's like oh ok, he didn't give a single--- he was more interested in scoping chicks in yoga pants, like I'm the weirdo in there getting all excited about some caps that no one else in a 50 mile radius even thinks about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back