• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Number 11 cap shortage?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got 5 tins of magnum for when I shoot t7 and 5 regular for goex. Now I need to find a real black powder source in Colorado for when I use the last of my stores.

Like others, Ky Gun Company for #11 magnum caps. They are in Bardstown and Louisville Ky
$10.99 a can. 10 cans ordered a week ago and arrived yesterday. Buffalo Arms has powder and can ship to most states.

I was looking at Muzzle Blasts magazine from 1950 & 1951. Look at what they were discussing:
20C201C6-B93F-46B1-8F79-4156C9B73803.jpeg

2B28766B-1037-4526-AB9A-EF76E4F03629.jpeg

D7421436-1FCE-49B8-987E-51A03F53FFB0.jpeg

I see caps pop up from time to time online but people complain that they are no longer 3$ a tin in 2023.
So having the chance to purchase them at current prices but not taking them because they long for the good ol days of 30$/1000 caps they forgo their oppertunity only to complain later....

The lesson learned is thus....

A BIRD IN THE HAND IS WORTH TWO IN THE BUSH!

They'll pop back up sometime online usually at bass pro, mideay, natchez, etc.
When you see em, let loose of that vice grip you got on ol' Benjamin Franklin and get what you need.

When you see em, let loose of that vice grip you got on ol' Benjamin Franklin and get what you need.
I 110% agree...when you see them, buy them!
I bought 49 tins of caps a few months ago when Walmart had them on sale for 5.32 each.
I used some of those Ben's to get them. If you're going to shoot, you need the equipment.
Before anyone accuses me of hoarding, I've given away 7 tins to friends that has none a few days later.
I also shoot 2-4 times a week using anywhere from 50+ caps per trip if I leave the flint guns at home.

caps.jpg

These were at our local Dunham's sporting good store a few months ago. I left all 27 of those tins for other shooters.
They are available, one must search a little harder to find them.

240675287_10219896027782563_6065696410595211962_n.jpg

Last edited:
Somebody once said or sang that "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need." Spend the money and buy some caps.

Heck when i needed em badly i even bought a few thousand off the gunbroker scalpers... I was so happy to have even found the caps i sincerely thanked the scalper for his service to the community.

Im a capitalist at heart, the scalper saw the demand so he sold some supplies. I respect that , hell its not personal its just business and I understand that.

I for one am happy the gunbroker scalpers exist theyve saved my butt with much needed supplies a few times!

Heck when i needed em badly i even bought a few thousand off the gunbroker scalpers... I was so happy to have even found the caps i sincerely thanked the scalper for his service to the community.

Im a capitalist at heart, the scalper saw the demand so he sold some supplies. I respect that , hell its not personal its just business and I understand that.

I for one am happy the gunbroker scalpers exist theyve saved my butt with much needed supplies a few times!
Hey, scalpers are in every type of business...it's part of life. But you might want to stay off the REZ!

Hey, scalpers are in every type of business...it's part of life. But you might want to stay off the REZ!
I know I was one of the last to catch on....I ordered a few days ago and when I saw it had been shipped I felt relief in it being legit so i went to buy more and it said pick up only....they must finally be low and want to keep some product on tje shelves in the show room. Now I know where to look in the future. I was down to my last 250 so I should be good until the next score

Attachments

• 16760020448764980753719926506845.jpg
    16760020448764980753719926506845.jpg
    919.1 KB · Views: 0
Just picked up some #11 caps yesterday at Scheels!
They didn't have all I wanted so I took all that had, even had the guy check in back.

All the way to check out I heard "HOARDER! HORDER!!"

Life just works out sometimes.
Unless you had several thousand in a shopping cart, why would anyone actually call you a hoarder?

Probably just jealous because they didn't think about doing it themselves.

Either way, had it been me they most likely would have been called what Mr. Spock on Star Trek termed................"Colorful Metaphors".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back