• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Number 11 cap shortage?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the early '80's a friend and I used to go to the Log Cabin Shop after work on Saturday (overtime) to do some shooting. We went almost every Saturday. I remember caps were the least costly, then powder and finally roundball, which cost the most. These days caps cost a lot more, along with powder but roundball not so much.

We tried using used tire weights but ruined the molds since the tire weights were not pure lead...lesson learned.

Ky Gun Company is saying they have #11 caps. They are in Bardstown and Louisville Ky
$10.99 a can
Yep, several of us here have bought from them over the past two weeks. Also, flat rate shipping and no hazmat charge.👍

How did wheel weight lead ruin your molds? I use alloys similar to that and I’d hate to ruin a mold.
Hey Bad Karma, We couldn't get the molded stuff out of the molds, we beat the manure out of the molds which deformed them. Then someone who did the same thing told us about the alloy that was mixed in with the lead.
Read the one from mustang 65 how he didn't have any problems??? Don't have a clue now with us it was in the late 60's.
By the by Semper Fi

I visited my local Walmart store, I check to see if they have #11 caps every time I go. They never have any. Yesterday when I was there, I noted they have them on clearance… funny, if they never have them, why clearance… lol

I visited my local Walmart store, I check to see if they have #11 caps every time I go. They never have any. Yesterday when I was there, I noted they have them on clearance… funny, if they never have them, why clearance… lol

Please answer your own question.

Funny you guys mentioned Walmart...the ones down here have plenty of pellets for inline and maxie balls all sorts of other accessories but no caps.

I bought powder the other day; it was expensive. I bought caps, too; they were expensive. I went to the store and bought eggs; they were expensive...

But ya know, I'm shooting and eating.

C'mon page 20.....
I gave up on eggs ,get tired of pancakes but caps are must haves (SO) anyone want 2nds on pancakes? Eggs are scarce here/Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back