• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Number 11 cap shortage?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it smells like 💩 then it usually is......

KYGUNCO probably socked away palettes of caps back when they were cheap

There's no way some sketchy "outdoor company " is well stocked with primers and caps and no one else is
Don't know when KYGUNCO received their CCI caps, but the CCI date code on the caps I received is G21D301 which indicates this lot of caps was manufactured 21 July 2022, at a point in time which others were selling caps for more than KYGUNCO is selling now. Last summer, Bass Pro/Cabelas were selling CCI caps for $11.99 per 100.

Companies who purchase ammo wholesale is just like purchasing any commodity which is in high demand. You place your order to get into the que, and once manufacturing catches up to your order, your order ships. Some of the larger companies will place and schedule orders several years out, especially on high demand items.

Also checked the CCI date code on the #10 caps I bought from Natchez last month, and the lot number J08D301 was manufactured 08 October 2022. Their price was $10.70 per hundred before shipping.

Last edited:
Don't know when KYGUNCO received their CCI caps, but the CCI date code on the caps I received is G21D301 which indicates this lot of caps was manufactured 21 July 2022, at a point in time which others were selling caps for more than KYGUNCO is selling now. Last summer, Bass Pro/Cabelas were selling CCI caps for $11.99 per 100.

Companies who purchase ammo wholesale is just like purchasing any commodity which is in high demand. You place your order to get into the que, and once manufacturing catches up to your order, your order ships. Some of the larger companies will place and schedule orders several years out, especially on high demand items.

Also checked the CCI date code on the #10 caps I bought from Natchez last month, and the lot number J08D301 was manufactured 08 October 2022. Their price was $10.70 per hundred before shipping.

Maybe KYGUNCO locked in their wholesale price a while back , they must have bought a ton of them because they'd be sold out by now. Even at a few bucks profit per tin, it adds up if you have 10s of thousands of cases of caps

I'll bet GunBroker will have fresh auctions from the gougers who just got their KYGUNCO orders , $35 per tin

I usually message them like oh hey I guess you just got your $14 per tin Cabelas caps, I hope you bought a lot and get stuck with all of them.....and they're like "don't like my price don't buy!!" Hahaha

Last edited:
"Wharsh muh cheap capsh, yuh gouger???"

7F3494FF-760E-40E2-BDAB-0B7CF3A457E9.jpg

Talk about back in the 60-70's...trying to remember what shotgun primers we used in place of #11 caps. Sometimes we couldn't find caps. We also complained when gas went to 16 cents a gallon back in 66...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back