• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Number 11 cap shortage?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people use online forums but don't want discussions to go too long 😃

Would a dead forum be better?

Like some of the other ones where the last post is 2 months old and no one responds to anything
A discussion looks for solutions that are reasonable and actually shows a solution. However this is not a discussion, it is a b@#ch session about something that is self evident.
A very simple statement was made that holds truth: caps are not really scarce, they are ther and for a price: the reason more expensive is: fuel costs up-hence transportation costs up-hence-material casts up-hence-labor costs up-hence higher price at the market.

A discussion looks for solutions that are reasonable and actually end. However this is not a discussion, it is a bi@#h session about something that is self evident.
I enjoy these threads more than the ones where people are all like "I bought a CVA Hawken and it won't shoot"
What did you load it with?

Powder my uncle gave me and some bullets I found out in the shed....

then it goes in 38 different directions including 5 different arguments and the OP just silently goes away and never returns because of all the drama.....

Just got a heap of #11 Remingtons at Bass Pro yesterday. They weren’t there last week so they must have just been delivered.

Has anyone had experience with HunterPrecision.com. They say they are in OH and they have CCI #11 in stock at a reasonable price. Just not sure if this is legit.

Someone needs to post again telling us what they paid for caps in the 70s. That is always interesting and informative.
Well, I can tell you for sure, back in Cleveland Ohio in 1966 and in to around 1970, I was paying 18 cents a gallon for gas. I wonder why it's so high today, is there a shortage??? 🤣

Has anyone had experience with HunterPrecision.com. They say they are in OH and they have CCI #11 in stock at a reasonable price. Just not sure if this is legit.
That domain comes up as: "Domain For Sale".

You have to put it in as Hunter-Precision.com to get it to come up. But the phone numbers are from Virginia and Chicago and the location is a house. Also BBB gives it a F rating. the total shipped price is $15 cheaper than what I paid from KYGUNCO. So I wouldn't chance it but let us know if you do.

Welcome to the forum. #11 caps are the standard for rifle nipples. But depending on the nipple Remington #10 caps could be used with a tight fit. #11 caps are larger, diameter & length, than #10s. And CCI #10s are slightly smaller than Remington #10s. The CCI #10s are the least desirable but they can be made to work if nothing else is available. Nipples can be turned down to take them.
Kentucky Gun Co. had #11’s @ $10.99 a couple weeks ago. I read about the offer on this forum.

You have to put it in as Hunter-Precision.com to get it to come up. But the phone numbers are from Virginia and Chicago and the location is a house. Also BBB gives it a F rating. the total shipped price is $15 cheaper than what I paid from KYGUNCO. So I wouldn't chance it but let us know if you do.
Today many of the businesses are home based businesses, therefore the address being a house.
The BBB F rating is for a business called "Hunters Precision". Shows they are in Ohio, but, like you said, phones show Illinois & Virginia, could be China scam. Anyway I emailed them to see the kind of response I get.....verrrrry interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back