• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Number 11 cap shortage?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've given away hard to get items before and that generosity has come back around at the range when I've need help with something.

If all gun owners supported all gun owners, we wouldn't be in the gun grabbing predicament we now find ourselves.

I.G.M. or the I've Got Mine mentality is a terrible trap to fall into.
Well, I think most of us have experienced that same situation a time or two, but in general, lindness & sharing is still alive and well.

Things are a bit better than awhile back, at least folks are finding powder.

As far as finding guns, not sure it will ever get better. Since all new production guns are made in Europe, the U.S. is dependent upon Europe from now on. Essentially, buy used or wait on Europe.

Caps are such a small percentage of CCI's total production they are not worried about that market and their bottom line. Winchester branded caps are made by CCI.

Flints in the last year or so are hard to find. I do not think any one in the U.S. manufacturers flints, think they come from Europe.

Essentially if you shoot one, buy 2, be it cap or flint.

Y'know, for the entire length of this "shortage" I never really ran out or could not find any. It took a little digging and some driving, the price was higher than usual, but the caps were available within driving range at all times. I just can't believe that they are so hard to find in other locations if I can get them smack in the middle of Northern fly-over country.

I've been shooting since the 1990s, I have conditioned myself to stock up when I see things I need . It's not hard. I still have T/C Maxi-Balls from 1994.

Buy when you see it or can afford it. I just found a Cabelas bag full of CCI Musket caps I bought a few years back. People say they're junk but they light off real Black in my Enfields so I'm glad to have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Things are a bit better than awhile back, at least folks are finding powder.

As far as finding guns, not sure it will ever get better. Since all new production guns are made in Europe, the U.S. is dependent upon Europe from now on. Essentially, buy used or wait on Europe.

Caps are such a small percentage of CCI's total production they are not worried about that market and their bottom line. Winchester branded caps are made by CCI.

Flints in the last year or so are hard to find. I do not think any one in the U.S. manufacturers flints, think they come from Europe.

Essentially if you shoot one, buy 2, be it cap or flint.
I've been on Track's notice list since before Christmas . Got an e-mail they had flints in stock last Tuesday.
So I ordered a dozen each of the 2 sizes I needed. $24 per doz, $6.95 ship , $54.95 total and 4 days
to my door equals a happy man. Come on warmer weather.
Gunnyr

Or take a break and get into playing with sharp objects like throwing Axes, chopping knives and swords.

Some of the paper targets I may post in the future will probably have 12 revolver balls through them and 3 or 4 Bowie knife slashes 😃

Save caps and just slash stuff for fun

Or take a break and get into playing with sharp objects like throwing Axes, chopping knives and swords.

Some of the paper targets I may post in the future will probably have 12 revolver balls through them and 3 or 4 Bowie knife slashes 😃

Save caps and just slash stuff for fun
I've been playing around with a sling shot , bought a bag of marbles shooting the hell out of things.
People find them while walking pick 'em up and take their new found treasure home , everyone wins.
I'm 73 , the SGTMAJ says I act like I'm 3, now if I can just find the pop sickles the world will be right.
Gunnyr

I've been playing around with a sling shot , bought a bag of marbles shooting the hell out of things.
People find them while walking pick 'em up and take their new found treasure home , everyone wins.
I'm 73 , the SGTMAJ says I act like I'm 3, now if I can just find the pop sickles the world will be right.
Gunnyr
I'm a 42 year old man and I go in my backyard and throw ninja stars around, shoot pellet guns and play with swords. I'll never grow up

Y'know, for the entire length of this "shortage" I never really ran out or could not find any. It took a little digging and some driving, the price was higher than usual, but the caps were available within driving range at all times. I just can't believe that they are so hard to find in other locations if I can get them smack in the middle of Northern fly-over country.
I agree....they are there. However, if you really can't find them, or don't want to pay the piper, MAKE THEM!

I've been on Track's notice list since before Christmas . Got an e-mail they had flints in stock last Tuesday.
So I ordered a dozen each of the 2 sizes I needed. $24 per doz, $6.95 ship , $54.95 total and 4 days
to my door equals a happy man. Come on warmer weather.
Gunnyr
Gunnyr....remember this one?? And it should apply to anyone, in any situation...."improvise, adapt, and overcome"!! The alternative is death.

I've given away hard to get items before and that generosity has come back around at the range when I've need help with something.

If all gun owners supported all gun owners, we wouldn't be in the gun grabbing predicament we now find ourselves.

I.G.M. or the I've Got Mine mentality is a terrible trap to fall into.
good for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back