• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Number 11 cap shortage?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently tried using Spam can to make caps. I measured it with a 0-1 mic and think it was .012 thick. The problem wit it is if you try to drive the punch all the way down you will punch the top out of the cap. After I kind of got the hang of it I made couple of the best looking caps yet. I think they even be reusable.

Had to look on the top shelf today for busines cards. Look what was lurking. Date in case was 2017.

Attachments

• IMG_20230220_165349577~2.jpg
    IMG_20230220_165349577~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Heck when i needed em badly i even bought a few thousand off the gunbroker scalpers... I was so happy to have even found the caps i sincerely thanked the scalper for his service to the community.

Im a capitalist at heart, the scalper saw the demand so he sold some supplies. I respect that , hell its not personal its just business and I understand that.

I for one am happy the gunbroker scalpers exist theyve saved my butt with much needed supplies a few times!
That's what I say. If you want to dance, you've got to pay the band. Some folks just b!tch all the time, about anything and everything. I was taught at an early age, "A bitchin Marine is a Happy Marine". Just don't eff with his wife, chow, or pay.

Had to look on the top shelf today for busines cards. Look what was lurking. Date in case was 2017.
You awful horrible primer buying person. The world is a dark, dismal and soulless place because of YOU.

Repent, hoarder, repent.

You must share them with others.

And if you refuse to share, you must feel terrible about yourself for buying them cheap and stacking them deep when others didn't see the drought coming and now can't find #11s anywhere.

Last edited:
Website says in store pickup only now
Just checked and your right, no add to cart feature, guess on-line purchasers wore them out. When it was first announced on this forum that KY Gun Store had #11 caps, many came back saying "It says in store only, you can only pick them up in store", well their online ad said add to cart for purchase, so guess what, I added to the cart and 4 days later 1,000 caps showed up at the door, all the way down here in Alabama. Why would a company have an add to cart feature if they will not ship?

Just checked and your right, no add to cart feature, guess on-line purchasers wore them out. When it was first announced on this forum that KY Gun Store had #11 caps, many came back saying "It says in store only, you can only pick them up in store", well their online ad said add to cart for purchase, so guess what, I added to the cart and 4 days later 1,000 caps showed up at the door, all the way down here in Alabama. Why would a company have an add to cart feature if they will not ship?
Some companies have a pick-up in person feature at checkout.

You can buy items and have them waiting for you at their brick and mortar location.

You awful horrible primer buying person. The world is a dark, dismal and soulless place because of you.

Repent, hoarder, repent.

You must share them with others.

And if you refuse to share, you must feel terrible about yourself for buying them cheap and stacking them deep when others didn't see the drought coming and now can't find #11s anywhere.
Right on, and if and when the SHTF, show up at my door wanting powder and caps, I can't help, but I'll do the Christian thing and give you a cup of water and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but after that, just carry your happy fanny on down the road.

Some companies have a pick-up in person feature at checkout.

You can buy items and have them waiting for you at their brick and mortar location.
I think it's outstanding that they delivered to my door and didn't charge HAZMAT.

Well said. Whenever i discover a local muzzleloader newbie who is hurting, i donate caps and powder. Helped some hunters last fall.
What goes around comes around.

It's not always about making money.

Give time and product when you can.

It helps others and makes you feel good too.

May I ask which company?

HAZMAT is such a scam.

Thank you.
KY Gun Company, about a month ago, I can shoot you a copy of the invoice if you like. They had flat rate shipping too. I think I posted it earlier in this thread. Also questions were raised by someone that they had been sitting on these for a while, but I broke down the CCI date codes from both suppliers and the #10s and #11s had been manufactured within the past 9 months.

KY Gun Company, about a month ago, I can shoot you a copy of the invoice if you like. They had flat rate shipping too. I think I posted it earlier in this thread. Also questions were raised by someone that they had been sitting on these for a while, but I broke down the CCI date codes from both suppliers and the #10s and #11s had been manufactured within the past 9 months.
Invoice not needed but thank you.

I'll look up that company for future reference.

That's true, but it doesn't really help the new guy just getting started.
True, but I haven't seen a month go by that someone here on the forum hasn't passed on several outfits that had caps available as well as powder. If you see some available you better jump on them.

KY GunCo is about an hour and half from me. I might make a trip there and pick up some #11's.
Hey, before you do that, check your local Walmart. I've found this site helpful to try and narrow down which Walmarts might have caps in stock. Just identify the zip code of a particular Walmart, enter it in the search engine. If a particular Walmart is listed as having them in stock, I would call to make sure before making the drive. The closest Walmarts to me that had caps in stock were over 60 miles away, with no guarantee how many they had in stock.

Brick Seek Walmart CCI Inventory Checker

Hey, before you do that, check your local Walmart. I've found this site helpful to try and narrow down which Walmarts might have caps in stock. Just identify the zip code of a particular Walmart, enter it in the search engine. If a particular Walmart is listed as having them in stock, I would call to make sure before making the drive. The closest Walmarts to me that had caps in stock were over 60 miles away, with no guarantee how many they had in stock.

Brick Seek Walmart CCI Inventory Checker
I will check. Looked there a couple weeks ago and they didn't have much muzzleloader stuff at all. Moving in the fishing and camping gear. Dunham's, local gun shops, Walmart, gun shows, antique firearms show didn't have caps. Black powder is not a big thing in my area. Even though I'm 2 - 2.5 hours from Friendship, IN, Deer Creek, and Flintlocks LLC.

I found some old Italian caps at a trade fair at a local sportsmans club. They fit the nipple tight. I tapered the nipple on my belt sander. Good to go now. I have shot about 100 so far with no FTF. I wonder why we no longer get Italian import caps?

Attachments

• caps.jpg
    caps.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back