• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Number 11 cap shortage?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every man must govern himself.....during the "Pandemic " I took a long hiatus from the shooting sports after having been very heavily involved in Handgun matches, mostly with DA revolvers requiring me to shoot 1-2000 rounds of .38 or .45 ACP through my moonclipped match revolvers to stay any kind of proficient on top of reloading with dummy rounds at home.

It became all-consuming, kind of like some people here, where most of my free time was dominated by finding ammo, obsessing over ammo, training and basically living at the Range. Then things got super expensive and I took a break. I just now looked at the box full of match rigs and gear I used to use , now sitting neglected in my basement but I'm glad I had those years where my skills with a moonclipped Ruger Redhawk were almost kinda noteworthy among maybe 20 people at Regional handgun matches 😃🤠

When I find myself even starting to get back into that mindset , where I'm getting too into finding components......I take a step back and find something else to do for a little while. It's ok to continue to support the 2A but also take a month or two to focus on something else. Coming back to it fresh after a break increases my enjoyment of shooting these old guns even more.
I agree with you 100%. obsessing over it takes the fun out of it. Brought a Guitar to get back into it after a 20 year hiatus .....plenty of strings around.... 🤣

I agree with you 100%. obsessing over it takes the fun out of it. Brought a Guitar to get back into it after a 20 year hiatus .....plenty of strings around.... 🤣
OMG...I thought you were going to start something about a shortage of guitar strings now....whew.🤣

That is amongst the many talents I do not have. I have a decent guitar here, haven’t taken it out of the case in years. I just stick to my Native American flutes.

Natchies had them for 109.99 to the door about 3 or 4 months ago bought a thousand, they were the Magnum Dogs in #11 CCI…

That is amongst the many talents I do not have. I have a decent guitar here, haven’t taken it out of the case in years. I just stick to my Native American flutes.
I have several dvd's called Indian Flutes. They are so easy listening and satisfying.

Hello everyone I'm new here like everyone else have no caps. I have a TC 50 cal hawkins. It takes a #ten cap on the nipple. I don't have # 11 caps to compare with. My friend bought a rifle last weekend and got the #10s. My question is are the #11 different in size? if the #10 fits will the #11 be too loose. Also will the #10s be ok to use?
Generally #11 are used on rifles, #10 on pistols. KYGUNCO has CCI #11, or has had, you’ll have to check.

I don't think we're spurring a dead horse any longer. We are now banging the ribs of the decomposed carcass like a xylophone.
deadnag.jpg
Giddy yup....20 coming on strong, but he couldn't finish the race:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back