Now New Jersey

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Okie Hog

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, a gaggle of blissninnies without masks are peddling trash that bear hunters will get COVID-19.

Bears in NJ are a nuisance. A friend owns a small farm in northern , NJ. He is also a bee keeper: Bears routinely raid his bee hives.

deermanct

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I used to live in Connecticut where bears are becoming a huge problem but they will most likely never pass a bear hunting season.

Ames

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The horned toad says we should go to Mexico.
So. Now I'm going to get the virus, by sitting as alone in the woods? Or is the bear going to sneeze on me?
Perhaps I'll catch it at the tagging station from all the bottled water sipping granola munchers hanging around sticking their noses into my business. Perhaps I would have less of a chance catching anything at a tagging station if they would stay away and not handle the door pulls. Or gas pumps.

sussexmuzllodr

50 Cal.
Reaction score
www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2020/08/14/nj-bear-hunt-should-canceled-over-covid-concerns-critics-argue/3353625001/

Yes, the anti's in New Jersey are trying to stop bear hunting because of Coronavirus. They won't stop folks. Vote.
Millions are spent by NJ Hunters like myself. It is not fish and game nor The conservation Office. It seems like every time honored tradition when disliked are attacked. The only way for things to change would be the attitude of the voter base...and thats never going to happen

sussexmuzllodr

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Yep, a gaggle of blissninnies without masks are peddling trash that bear hunters will get COVID-19.

Bears in NJ are a nuisance. A friend owns a small farm in northern , NJ. He is also a bee keeper: Bears routinely raid his bee hives.
Okie, Thankfully the ejection button is going to be hit for us in a Month. It is no longer tolerable to stay. Next on the menu...a double serving of what freedom feels like.

SOLANCO

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score

And bears don't have fixed addresses. Further up the Delaware River where it is smaller and shallower bears are seen swimming and even wading back and forth across it. To and from Pennsylvania.

thehorn

40 Cal.
Reaction score

My cousins live in Wantage (Sussex County) and bear sightings are a daily occurrence. It's like Grand Central Station for bears. They've removed the screens on their first floor windows and won't open the windows, preferring air conditioning to fresh air in the warmer months as the darned bears pull off the screens in attempting to enter the home. And they say no bear hunt?!

bud in pa

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am actually surprised that NJ even allows hunting. WhenI grew up there in the 70’s and 80’s it was far different than now. A kid can’t even have a slingshot there now. So glad we left.
What are they going to do when all of the hunters move out of Jersey? I moved to PA.

SOLANCO

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
What are they going to do when all of the hunters move out of Jersey? I moved to PA.
Among other things, there will be an increase in deer related auto accidents. Before retirement I commuted through a PA county with very little hunting and lots of deer friendly real estate. One incident set my insurer back $5,000.00

bud in pa

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Among other things, there will be an increase in deer related auto accidents. Before retirement I commuted through a PA county with very little hunting and lots of deer friendly real estate. One incident set my insurer back $5,000.00
I have a cousin who still lives there, in Hunterdon county, prime deer area. i was told that the insurance companies cost of car and deer collisions is why you can take about 8 or so deer every year in Jersey.

Jim Nasium

32 Cal
Reaction score
There are four anti hunting bills in the Vermont house as well. One would completely ban all "recreational trapping", whatever that is, and the hunting of black bear with hounds. It's like gun control. They try it every year, and some years they succeed.

OldMaineWoodsman

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Yes indeed. There is an Anti-Hunting and Trapping organization there called Protect Our Wildlife Vermont. They have a Facebook page, and they post the most graphic, damaging photos they can find to further their cause. They also put out a lot of disinformation, but we don't do ourselves any favors when we post images like some they have captured and shared on their site.