• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

November 2022 Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since Thanksgiving will be here before we know it and the price of turkeys is supposed to be about double from last year you can shoot your own turkeys this month for free!

25 yds offhand unless you have physical issues that prevent shooting from the standing offhand position - then you can shoot from a sitting position with rifle supported by your arms. If this isn't possible either, go ahead and shoot the target anyway and have some fun, but state that you shot it from the bench and I won't include it in the ranking with the offhand shooters.

Handgun shooters can shoot the target from 15 yds offhand.

This target will be 10 shots - 2 shots at each turkey. Scoring as printed on the targets. Please score your own targets and include info on your equipment and a picture of your rifle/handgun, if possible.

Please look closely when you score your target - 1/2 of the ball diameter must be inside the scoring ring to count, otherwise you take the lower point value. It's easiest to score if you lay the target on a flat surface and smooth the holes to better see if the 1/2 the ball is inside the scoring ring. Since the stakes are so high I want everyone to shoot their best possible scores and everyone is scoring their targets the same way.

I hope I can see this target better than last month's target! I have some new, taller sights that I am going to install on my Kibler .32 - the original sights are just too small for my old eyes!

Have fun and I hope everyone has a safe and healthy Thanksgiving holiday this year.

Gary

Attachments

• Nov 2022 Target.pdf
    71 KB · Views: 0
Printed the target, was going to shoot it today. Got to the gun range, decided to shoot unmentionables first on the pistol range. Decided I didn't want to clean BP guns today so I will try it again, maybe Saturday if the weather holds.

Was able to shoot the November target. First shot hit the bird and I thought "we are on our way."
.50 T/C Hawken flintlock. .490 RB with 60, then 50, then 55 grains of 3F. P.T. patch.

Not so fast kemo sabe.

Next 6 shots were on paper, but missed the birds.
So I gave up and just shot water filled plastic bottles instead.
Will try pistol later this month.

Was a nice day yesterday for November, so I decided to print out the target and head to the range. Didn’t do as good as I hoped for, but the smell of burnt powder made up for it.
50 cal T/C Hawken, 490RB, 35 granes 2F, 018 pillow tickling patch

Attachments

• A35C5959-8D70-4B2D-A252-1A78B699A0F4.jpeg
    A35C5959-8D70-4B2D-A252-1A78B699A0F4.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Hey Richard, glad you liked the target - you are the first to post! I plan to shoot it the Friday after Thanksgiving. I hope I can see this one - last several targets were not too clear for me!

Lots of clucking ( maybe laughing) as I shot this target. Labeled it before shooting, hoping to get extra points for obliterating the “B” with my first shot. My Hatfield with an L&R lock. Original lock main spring broke and could not find a replacement. FYI, the L&R lock wasn’t that difficult to install and it is quick!

Attachments

• 98C42E2C-8ABE-4B9B-B21B-C76EFE5C6AEE.jpeg
    98C42E2C-8ABE-4B9B-B21B-C76EFE5C6AEE.jpeg
    820.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 73C56E3E-8FA7-4F83-9CED-66A611A46C7B.jpeg
    73C56E3E-8FA7-4F83-9CED-66A611A46C7B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
This target was very fun! Warmed up to 15f degrees today, but my fingers were sure chilled down after 10 balls. Still felt great to be shooting.
20221113_164856.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
20221113_181418.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you had fun with it in spite of the cold - nice shooting! I plan to shoot it after Thanksgiving and I hope I can see it better - target looks awfully small in your picture!

Wow! Looking at my calendar, I wonder where the month has gone. I.e., I won't be able to shoot at turkeys this month and our range closes for deer season until December 3. Bummer! (I did print the November target though, one even in color. LOL)

I agree - this entire year has passed too quickly for me! Hope you will be able to get out to shoot the Dec target!

Last edited:
That's fine target Richard!
Those little turkey's are sure fun to shoot at.

Garypl and I along with some friends shot at this target today. Surprisingly the weather was very nice and we had a fine time. Those turkeys did look like brown specks over my sights though. I shot my Crockett 32 today and have finally found a load that worked very well. Really I just added some homemade wads soaked in olive oil which tightened things up considerably The misses were all me and there were a few that looks like I had spasms while pulling the trigger.

Attachments

• IMG_20221125_131349817.jpg
    IMG_20221125_131349817.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back