Quantcast

November 2020 Postal Match - Tic Tac Toe

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Silky921

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm not much of a pistol guy, but I'm good with the 15 yard range for pistol targets, especially with the colder months coming for our more northern friends.

Ames

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The horned toad says we should go to Mexico.
Not wimps. We are out deer hunting.
Any extra shots at paper at this time of the year just moves the game farther and farther back into the woods. Can even make them go nocturnal. I prefer to keep things quiet up here until the big one presents himself.

Maven

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Our range will close at dusk on Saturday, Ames for deer/bear (CF rifle/pistol season) since some of our members hunt the property. Looks like I won't be entering the November frolic either, but I do like the idea of a BP pistol @ 15 yd.

11th corps

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Shot both rifle an pistol this month.

I did notice something yesterday while shooting pistol. It's a T/C Patriot percussion shooting r/b's. I was using 777 (I save my Real BP for my flintlocks, since its almost impossible to find around here and I have to mail order it). I took the 5 shots, but I noticed shots 3 &5 had significantly less recoil and sound then 1,2, and 4. All loads were the same-30 grains of FFF. Using the same CCI caps. Anyone else notice this in their shooting?

MSmith

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
As of Wednesday November 25 I have received targets from the following participants:

Bledfor Days
cankeney - rifle & pistol
Flinter 1977
Richard Dittman
russellshaffer - rifle & pistol
Squarebore
Sven205 - Pistol

The month is coming to a quick close but there is still a long weekend, for most, to still print, color, shoot and send your target by Monday. Happy Thanksgiving!!

russellshaffer

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Shot both rifle an pistol this month.

I did notice something yesterday while shooting pistol. It's a T/C Patriot percussion shooting r/b's. I was using 777 (I save my Real BP for my flintlocks, since its almost impossible to find around here and I have to mail order it). I took the 5 shots, but I noticed shots 3 &5 had significantly less recoil and sound then 1,2, and 4. All loads were the same-30 grains of FFF. Using the same CCI caps. Anyone else notice this in their shooting?
Is there any chance that your patch lube was a little wet? I had some strange squib loads on a trail walk last year and decided that my patches were way too wet. It turned out that there was nothing at all wrong with my substitute powder.

11th corps

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Is there any chance that your patch lube was a little wet? I had some strange squib loads on a trail walk last year and decided that my patches were way too wet. It turned out that there was nothing at all wrong with my substitute powder.
Don't think they were wet. I did lay the Pistol down after dropping powder and then before seating the ball/patch. Maybe some powder did not get down the bore under the patch ball while seating? I did not see any unburned powder on the table.

Latest posts