• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

'Nother PA hunter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy all. I live in Potter County, God's country. I have 3 flint rifles, an RMC Accusporter in .50, a Cabela's Blue Ridge Rifle in .50 and a Gobbler Knob custom gun in .54. I'll be out on Wednesday for our flintlock opener in the state with my 12 year old son.

My son will be shooting the RMC gun with 75 grains of FFFg and a Powerbelt bullet and I'll be shooting the custom .54 with 85 grains of FFFg and a patched round ball. I could use one for the freezer but I'm far more interested in my boy connecting than any success for myself. Wish us luck.....

Howdy from Texas Ganggreen.Lots of luck to you and your son. Hope you rnjoy the MLF.

judge t :thumbsup:

Welcome and good luck hunting!

Hey what kind of Gobbler Knob custom gun in .54 do you have? Have any pics of it? I missed one for sale recently in this forum section and was wonderin if you were the lucky dog that snapped it up.

Thanks,

Billy

Welcome aboard GANGGREEN. :hatsoff:
You are certainly located in God's Country.
Just got back a few weeks ago. Been hunting 3A Potter for longer than I care to remember.

Welcome aboard Ganggreen, Lot's of luck to you & your son on your trip. Good Luck & Good Shootin' :thumbsup:

Billy Lo, since Imagestation got shut down I haven't had the chance to find a new photo hosting website but if you go to the GK website, you'll see my gun in two places. One is in the lower right hand "gallery". It shows me and a doe I took on a snowy day with the gun. The second one is under "longguns" and "Lancaster style" at the top, behind the GK heading.

Good luck to you and yours in the season.

Keep your boy interested any way you can. Kids are the link to connecting the future to our rich past. :hatsoff:

Back