Not liking this new format..

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Support' started by S.Kenton, Oct 29, 2018.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Nov 8, 2018 #81

RC

RC

RC

75 Cal. MLF Supporter

2. Nov 8, 2018 #82

SgtMaj65

SgtMaj65

SgtMaj65

40 Cal.

I like new format OK, no problems. Just need to adjust to a change is all. Have to confess I did like the old format though.

3. Nov 9, 2018 #83

DjPorkchop

DjPorkchop

DjPorkchop

32 Cal.

I like the new feel. As a webmaster I understand the security side of things and why the change was necessary. The old software was dead and long gone long ago. I looked into it once myself for a client but I went in another direction for the very same reason this website upgraded. If things would not have changed the site would have eventually been hacked and people's info compromised which leads to a whole new set of issues for website owners and staff.

I know I don't get to get on here much and post but please do know I am here more often than not. Some days I just read and don't log in. I appreciate all the hard work Angie and staff put into this wonderful place we call our black powder home. I also appreciate each and every person who posts here daily and shares their tips,tricks, builds and just good old fashioned stories with us.

Thank you all!

Angie likes this.
  4. Nov 9, 2018 #84

BrownBear

BrownBear

BrownBear

Cannon MLF Supporter

Same here. Took a little bit of adjusting, but no more than any "new" site. One thing I DO NOT miss, even if it only happened to me. When a thread got several pages long, you'd click on it and it would open at the next page PAST the last post. Got to the point if a thread was getting long, I'd just click on the next to last page and scroll forward. No such experience here.

5. Nov 9, 2018 #85

Robby

Robby

Robby

62 Cal.

How do I put the capital R back in Robby?
    Robby

6. Nov 9, 2018 #86

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Admin

Fixed you up.

7. Nov 10, 2018 #87

Vaino

Vaino

Vaino

Cannon

Hi....after a difficult time trying to get back into the "Forum", my only complaint is the "hopping around" of the posts when going to a different post in the same topic requiring way too much scrolling. Otherwise, I like the new format.....Fred

8. Nov 12, 2018 #88

Robby

Robby

Robby

62 Cal.

Thank you.
    Robby

9. Nov 12, 2018 #89

Eterry

Eterry

Eterry

45 Cal.

I'm in love with the new format simply because now I can post pictures straight from my cell phone without having to go through a third party vendor. The format is much the same as most other forms that I watch /participate in.
    It took a couple days to get my password change so I could log in but I'm not addicted to the site so being an observer for a couple of days was kind of nice.

I think that Angie is doing a bang-up job and I tip my hat to her. It can't be easy dealing with a large group of Grumpy Old Men...

Angie likes this.
  10. Nov 12, 2018 #90

Angie

Angie

Angie

@Eterry Thank you. And while one or two started out a bit out of sorts due to the change, I'm getting to make more friends as I go. Heck, I've even been talking to one or two about finding a place close to me to see some of you fire the Muzzle Loaders etc. So, over all a really good experience.

11. Nov 13, 2018 #91

good ole boy

good ole boy

good ole boy

40 Cal.

Some threads say I,m not authorized to view em.:mad: What,s up with that?Oh,I too hate change.

12. Nov 13, 2018 #92

Angie

Angie

Angie

Can you give me specific information so I can check it out. Where? What thread?

13. Nov 13, 2018 #93

2kuz

2kuz

2kuz

Administrator Staff Member Admin MLF Supporter

The only thing I can think of is the Premium forums?

14. Nov 13, 2018 #94

laufer

laufer

laufer

45 Cal.

How does one edit/ modify their already posted post? Thank you!

15. Nov 13, 2018 #95

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

To edit your post after posting it, look down right below the text window. You should see your name, followed by the time the post was made. Right behind this look for the word Edit.
    When you click on it, a new window will open showing the post as you wrote it.
    You can make changes to any or all of it and then repost it back into the forum. Before you do repost it I suggest that you poke the Preview button. This will show the post with its revised stuff and right below it the window you used to make the changes in will still be showing. If you see anything else to change, now is the time to do it. You can again poke the Preview button to see if the revised post looks like you want it to look. When everything looks fine, then poke the SAVE CHANGES button.

Regular members have 30 minutes, Premium / Supporting Members have 180 minutes.

16. Nov 14, 2018 #96

good ole boy

good ole boy

good ole boy

40 Cal.

The flying a Wildcat aircraft is one example.

17. Nov 14, 2018 #97

Archer 756

Archer 756

Archer 756

40 Cal.

The new format is not GOOD. Also tired of getting adds for dating sites. Old format was much better to work with and reading.:(

18. Nov 14, 2018 #98

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

To get rid of the ad's, put your cursor over the little image of a man at the right of the blue bar at the top of the screen. This will open a little window.
    Choose PREFERENCES in the window.

This will open a page where you can change several things. Toward the bottom is something called "Disabling Advertising". Click the little box next to it for YES.
    There is another thing right below Disabling Advertsing called "Opt out of Sidebar". Put a check in the Block Sidebar From Appearing box.

Once these things are changed, DON'T FORGET TO POKE THE BLUE "SAVE CHANGES" BUTTON.
    If you don't poke the Save Changes button the computer will assume you didn't really want to change anything so your newly made changes will not take effect.

2kuz and Angie like this.
  19. Nov 15, 2018 #99

Archer 756

Archer 756

Archer 756

40 Cal.

Zonie Thanks it worked Thanks

20. Nov 15, 2018 #100

stronics

stronics

stronics

40 Cal.

Finally got to login, I'm not a fan of the new site look. The old one had class and felt more like home.
    David