Not liking this new format..

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hi Angie,

I haven't been on for a bit and I really like the ability to "like" a post. Very nice change!
I'm glad you like it.!

One thing I use a lot though and don't see it anymore is the ability to "mark all as read" on the various forums such as Flintlock Rifles, Accoutrements, The Craftsman, etc. After reading and responding to the various messages that interest me in each of these sub-groups, I like to hit that button on the top left of the topic lists that said, "mark all as read". I don't see that in the new set up and I find it annoying to have the "old" new messages keep the "unread messages" icon up.

upload_2018-11-3_14-34-10.png

upload_2018-11-3_14-34-47.png

With the ability to "mark all as read" I could tell at a glance if there were any new messages in that forum without opening it up to try to figure out which ones were new and which ones I had passed over previously. If you can work that back in, it would be a big help.
See above, you can do it for the complete site or just the forum you are currently reading or posting into.

Now, if there already is a way to do that and I just haven't found it yet, please direct me to its location.

I also really miss the fourm specific smiley's like the "Hats Off" and "thumbs up" ones we used to have here. Now its the same generic smileys every other forum has...:(

Once we get the site settled down just a little bit more, I'll open up a thread about smileys and add some more also. First function, then fun!

Thanks,
Twisted_1in66 :)
Dan
I hope this helps you. See with specifics I can focus and give answers. Thanks for being so specific! Please click on quote to see answers.

upperplains

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Not liking all the ads but I get it. It's getting easier for me so I guess I'm just getting used to the new format. Angie seems very helpful.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Not liking all the ads but I get it. It's getting easier for me so I guess I'm just getting used to the new format. Angie seems very helpful.
Boy do I have a deal for you.

Go to the little man in the upper right corner and click (that opens User control panel)
Then down the left column you will see Preferences.
Click on it.
At the bottom of that page are the magic boxes. Check your choice and remember to SAVE.

upload_2018-11-3_14-52-42.png

Now when logged in you don't have to see the ads.

MiddleJohn

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Strange thing. All the threads I've read, when I go back and there is a new post the s/w takes me directly to the first new post. Have you tried it yet on a thread you have read before but has a new post?
Angie'

You were right. All is working as it should. Thanks!!

And thank you for all the work you have been putting in on improving our sites!!!

And thanks for having patience with all of us old codgers, we will get it all eventually.

dgracia

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I hope this helps you. See with specifics I can focus and give answers. Thanks for being so specific! Please click on quote to see answers.
Excellent! I tried with one of them and it worked perfectly.
Thanks Angie!
Twisted_1in66
Dan

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm so happy to hear it worked perfectly for you.

Crewdawg445

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
We mirrored the style of the old website pretty good I felt. What are some specific differences?
Hi there! I for one really liked the individual images or tabs? Not sure what they are called that represented each thread. Feel it gives more depth and is more welcoming. The color layout as well, this white background hurts the eyes! Lol

Mud_Slide_Slim

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello!
Ok, getting used to the new format here, I do have a question that I haven't been able to find an answer. On the old format we had a "add to favorites" category. Is that gone now? Thanks!

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
0C152CDE-124E-4CA6-B2C0-A2F8FF533BFD.png A watched thread is a favorite thread. You get alerts when someone posts on it etc. At the top of each thread on the left is Watched Thread button. You can also unwatch it.

Here is my upper left on this thread. And I did get a notice about your post.

Mud_Slide_Slim

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Ok, thank you Angie. I apologize as I should have asked this question as well on my last post, but what happened to our favorites list from the old format? I checked my watched threads and there is nothing there. I guess I have to start over?

stronics

40 Cal.
Reaction score
it’s a real struggle to use this new format... couldn’t log in at first... is can’t find my old user name in my profile anywhere... anyone else struggling?
Can we possibly show more adds???? Good god what do I care that all bra's are not the same shape. Google will swamp this site with there adds.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Can we possibly show more adds???? Good god what do I care that all bra's are not the same shape. Google will swamp this site with there adds.
You missed the post above about the ads. They are where non-logged in and members can see them and help defray the cost of running the site. But for our members we have this handy-dandy Opt-Out system.
1. Go to User Control Panel Icon (little man in upper right of forum page)
2. Click on that and when open choose PREFERENCE (left column)
3. Go to bottom and make a choice
upload_2018-11-6_9-24-36.png

4. REMEMBER TO SAVE CHANGES

5. Enjoy the site without ads.

Juice Jaws

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Angie, have a question for. Being that this is a ML forum why can't we have ads from Track of the Wolf, Dixies Gun Works etc. I would think they would want to place their ads here. Just some thoughts. Hope the hair is getting better. Really like the new site

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Angie, have a question for. Being that this is a ML forum why can't we have ads from Track of the Wolf, Dixies Gun Works etc. I would think they would want to place their ads here. Just some thoughts. Hope the hair is getting better. Really like the new site
That is a good idea. If we can't get rid of the general ads, we may be able to set up something better for the Vendors of Muzzle Loading and Re-enacting items.

Baxter

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I can look into font size changes but one option is the increase the text size on your browser. For me if I hold down CNTL and use the scroll wheel on my mouse, it makes the font larger.
Well...by golly, it does!

azmntman

75 Cal.
Reaction score
Well...by golly, it does!
Well at first I sure didn't like the changes at all. First off I couldn't sign in cuz my password was set YEARS ago! I can remmber stuff but geez, that was asking alot, after all in my business I have like 7 different passwords and have to change them every three months, CRAZY.

So I rejoined to get back and THANKS TO ANGIE I now have my original name and status and just need to figure out the photo avatar thingy. I think we will all be happy with this forum change once we get used to it!

NOW GO OUT AND VOTE!

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
@azmntman Go to the little man icon in the upper right.
Click on that and it will open up to two columns of preferences
Left column most of the way down Avatar.
Click on avatar and you will be able to upload a photo from your laptop or phone.
Save.

S.Kenton

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Well due to the fact that I was originator of the thread,I feel as though I should thank Angie for all her hard work. I have my original name back, no ads and a full screen thanks to her. We old fuddy duddys aren't easy to work with I'm sure!!
One thing I would like to ask, and forgive me if someone else has already asked this, but could we have our icons next to the sub forums back? I.E, there was a small picture of a cannon the left of the cannon forum, a small picture of a pistol next to the picture forum and so on...it may have been cartoonish to some,mouth I actually liked it and thought it brought warmth to our forum. Thanks again Angie!
Kary

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Well due to the fact that I was originator of the thread,I feel as though I should thank Angie for all her hard work. I have my original name back, no ads and a full screen thanks to her. We old fuddy duddys aren't easy to work with I'm sure!!
One thing I would like to ask, and forgive me if someone else has already asked this, but could we have our icons next to the sub forums back? I.E, there was a small picture of a cannon the left of the cannon forum, a small picture of a pistol next to the picture forum and so on...it may have been cartoonish to some,mouth I actually liked it and thought it brought warmth to our forum. Thanks again Angie!
Kary
I will put this on my list to see if I can get it done for you.

Latest posts