• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Not liking my rust bluing turn out. Suggestion on alternative?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave up trying to blue gun parts. tried most products. now I use Dura coat bluing spray has epoxy in it very durable every part comes out the same. I will never go back to the other products. this was a rusted A5 I used the dura coat on

Attachments

• 100_0317.JPG
    100_0317.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 58
Having issues rust bluing my underhammer parts. I degreased, and applied the solution to the small parts and they came out decent. Today, I tried to get the receiver and butt plate. The butt plate is not bad, but the receiver is a joke. (just a light gray) I am thinking about changing horses mid stream. Has anyone tried oxpho-blue? I know it is not a rust blue, but I really don't care. I just want an even smooth job, that is relatively simple. So, is this product good? Would I want to apply this over the weak color that I now have from the rust blue? If I go this Brownell product, do I need to clean everything and start all over.:doh:
Thanks
Larry
View attachment 77296
Absolutely...very good product....take your time have it hot...but not hot enough to burn yourself...used it several times with great results...being clean and warm or hot enough is what worked best for me...!!!

Absolutely...very good product....take your time have it hot...but not hot enough to burn yourself...used it several times with great results...being clean and warm or hot enough is what worked best for me...!!!
Need multiple rounds 3-4 to get a decent coat. Sweat box, boil, card, repeat. It is how weapons were blued until wwii.

Back